Vid-Review: Raiden

Discussion of the upcoming Mortal Kombat X for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, with its release scheduled for 2015.
Holy Grail

In a first for DMK, ya'll get to see my ugly mug and listen to my Aussie accent as I talk about the recent reveal of Raiden in MKX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXP32Hpxh9Y

Yeah it's a little rough but it's what we hope to be the first of many vids as more details about MKX come to light. Enjoy!
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

It's cool that you're doing videos talking about the different characters. I look forward to more of them.

About Raiden, he looks decent overall, and I can understand not wanting to go too crazy in changing up his looks. It's not bad, but it's just ok for me. I don't mind his voice actor, but I do hope he's given much better material to work with. This should be a game where Raiden either redeems himself or suffers by facing the consequences of his actions. It's interesting to note that we don't see him wearing the amulet he wore in MK 2011, so I'm wondering what became of it.

For his gameplay, he does look fun, and I'm most interested in Storm Lord. However, I do imagine most players, including high-level players, using his Displacer style the most. I'm sure that his Superman/Torpedo, Lightning Blast, and Teleport will be his universal special moves while his Displacer style gives him more teleport options. It's cool to see that he has an angled-upward Superman/Torpedo as a shoryuken-type move. Since he is the God of Thunder, it would be nice for him to have thunder-related moves instead of just lightning/electricity.
Holy Grail

Thanks mate - I''m still a bit green at this YT thingy but better late than never! Got a new one about the inclusion of Guest Characters coming soon...

From a storyline perspective he was a no-brainer - as a God he doesn't age and in MK9 he has already proved his time-travelling capabilities - never mind his franchise recognition.

I agree about his voice-actor - pretty neutral about the voice itself but his dialogue needs work.

I just think his look is overall very, plain, compared to the obvious love that has been put into Sub-Zero and Scorpion's redesign. Granted, he's a God so he doesn't follow fashion through the ages but I was a little under-whelmed at his appearance. Dark Raiden is the first time I've been (visually) excited about the character in a long time....
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net