I am back as well...

New to DMK? Leaving us? Make your announcement here.
Grandam99
Intermediate Warrior

Well, most people won't recognize me, but after a few years hyatus, I am back. Been busy polishying and improving my newest site(on my sig), and I kinda forgotten about this place. I go by either 'OnlyTanyaFan' or 'GrandPrix08' on the other boards now.

I will try to be active here from now.

Good to be back.

btw, Can I get a permission to use some of these MK emoticons on my sites? They are awesome...
Also, join my newest site as well at: http://s13.zifboards.com/mortalkombat_b_a/index.php?
adamDMK

Welcome back Grandam99! Glad to hear from you again!

Yeah, feel free to use some of our MK emoticons. Just give us a shout out for them. :]
Grandam99
Intermediate Warrior

Thanx.

With your kind permission, my new site is now dressier than ever. The members love them.

I've been posting over on MKO, but it just gotten so big all of a sudden, and it's not really that comfortable place to post, and there are all kinds of crazyness going around these days. I just saw one of the most veteran member got banned, for a reason I don't really know what happened(and I don't want to find out). It's crazy out there these days.

Aside from load times, DMK is like one of the prettiest looking sites these days.(I don't know what it is, but it's really slow to load any page, than any other sites)

I think I will park(?) my butt here LOL and my sites from now.

Hopefully I will claim this as one of my home. :vampire:
Also, join my newest site as well at: http://s13.zifboards.com/mortalkombat_b_a/index.php?
adamDMK

Grandam99 wrote:Thanx.

With your kind permission, my new site is now dressier than ever. The members love them.

I've been posting over on MKO, but it just gotten so big all of a sudden, and it's not really that comfortable place to post, and there are all kinds of crazyness going around these days. I just saw one of the most veteran member got banned, for a reason I don't really know what happened(and I don't want to find out). It's crazy out there these days.

Aside from load times, DMK is like one of the prettiest looking sites these days.(I don't know what it is, but it's really slow to load any page, than any other sites)

I think I will park(?) my butt here LOL and my sites from now.

Hopefully I will claim this as one of my home. :vampire:
Awesome! We're definitely glad to have you here, Grandam99. Thanks for making DMK one of your MK homes.

I'm looking into the load time issues you've been having. My main goal is to always improve overall user experience. I made a few adjustments and re-ran DMK on Google's PageSpeed tool and on Desktop the site as a whole received a 77 out of 100 grade and the forums in particular got an 85 out of 100 grade. So nothing too alarming on that side of things.

May I ask if you're browsing the site on desktop or a mobile device (tablet, phone, etc.)? Also are you having load time trouble with the site as a whole or just the forums? Webpagetest.org says the initial load on their tests is about 8 seconds (which is something I definitely want to improve). Does 8 seconds load time sound accurate or is it just really hanging for you when trying to load?

Also, thanks for the compliment on DMK's look. We strived to make DMK one of most aesthetically pleasing MK sites out there - so compliments like yours definitely are nice to hear.