What are you currently listening to?

Let everyone know what artist and song you're currently listening to. Please note that post counts do not raise here.
adamDMK

Dave Rosteck wrote:Damn, no kidding. Will add it to my next torrent download!

Do it, you won't regret it! It's one of those classic albums you have to listen to every track the way it was laid out to really appreciate how good it is.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I'm listening to "Brother" by Alice in Chains. I've been listening to some new Alice in Chains as well. I'm really digging the new album. You can't replace Layne Staley but the new guy is not bad.
Dave Rosteck

By and Down - A Perfect Circle

First new song in 9 years baby! :jumprope:
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Dave Rosteck wrote:By and Down - A Perfect Circle

First new song in 9 years baby! :jumprope:

Nice!

I've been listening to MGMT's latest album, MGMT, a lot lately. It got panned by some critics, but I really like the complexity of it. I think the biggest complaint by critics was either 1. they don't get it or 2.) there's no #1 radio friendly hits on this like their first album. But I beg to differ as "Your Life is a Lie" and "Plenty of Girls in the Sea" sound very radio friendly to me (even if MGMT would want you to think otherwise). Not many bands can do Psychedelic Rock as good as MGMT.

Also grabbed CHVRCHES debut album "The Bones of What You Believe" on the recommendation of a friend. For electro-pop, it's about as strong as a debut you can make. Great overall album.
Dave Rosteck

There Is No God - Extreme

Totally digging this darker and heavier version of Extreme on the album 'Waiting For The Punchline'.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Listening to a lot of The Horrors (both their latest album and their fantastic 2011 album) lately.

Also, I've been on a Shins kick lately.
Dave Rosteck

A lot of Helmet lately. Their sound is exactly what I want my current or future band to sound like and the drummer has a similar style as me. I'd recommend starting off with "Unsung" and "Wilma's Rainbow".
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Dave Rosteck wrote:I'd recommend starting off with "Unsung" and "Wilma's Rainbow".

+1. Awesome tunes.