Osama Bin Laden Reported Dead.

Serious discussions is a non goofing off zone requiring only those who can post and handle others' opinions in a civilized fashion. Party poopers will be disposed of in a blink of an eye!
RaZoRsEdGe
Skilled Kombatant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

After 10 years they finally found him and killed him. Thoughts?
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[CENTER]"Those were $500 glasses ASSHOLE."
- Thanks Stimpy For The Awesome Sig!
[/CENTER]

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n_qjoKOM3U[/size][/CENTER][/size][/size]
BorixXx
Master Kombatant

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, because I hate paranoid conspiracy theorists... but I don't buy it. I reckon he was killed ages ago or died of natural causes and the States are using this as a distraction for something else OR as a means for some kind of unrelated gain.

It's so sudden... out of nowhere... and they buried him at sea... What's the purpose of that... Why even bury the fucker? Plus his hair is too dark in that picture..
JackDaniels
Practicing Fighter

Yea and where is the evidence? They haven't showed us pictures of him at all. You have to be really gullible to believe the crap the U.S. government is feeding us. This is just a rotten move by Obama to try and get himself elected for the next term imo.
insert here
Dave Rosteck

Funny how it took them all but 10 years to find the most wanted man in the world..
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Still better than nothing. I'm sure it brought some sort of closure to people who were directly affected by the 9/11 tragedy.
adamDMK

I know this is a controversial topic, so I'll try to keep my post brief to not offend anyone. I respect everyone's opinion and I also think there were a lot of shady things about the September 11 attacks. But the death of Osama Bin Laden ends a chapter of American history and in many of our lives as well. And as frk pointed out, it's closure for people who were directly affected by the tragedy.

Trust me, I'm not trying to offend anyone but I'm guessing many of you were pretty young when the attacks happened and your reaction to the death of Bin Laden is a bit detached. But September 11, 2001 still haunts me... laughing with my friends about "some asshole flying into the Trade Center". Turning on the news and watching as they reported about the incident, asking each other how someone could do such an idiotic thing.

Then a second plane hit and the laughing stopped.

Watching people dive from top floor windows, afraid to let a fire consume them. A countless number of soot-covered people. Watching the towers collapse. Death.

Then something wonderful happened... folks treating firemen and police officers like the heroes they often are. Patriotism, true love not of symbols or flags or political party, but of every single individual who bears that most sacred of moniker: American. Many of my close friends joining the military with a renowned sense of duty (some of whom never returned or returned very different).

I felt it all again in one moment when I saw that Bin Laden was dead. All the pain and sadness. I saw those bodies in the air. I remembered the patriotism, the goodbye parties we had for my friends who were going away.

Except now we all had closure. The closure we sought in those weeks after September 11, staring at a television screen, hoping for anything to occur. Ten years later the news finally flashed across the screen: Bin Laden Dead.

And I hope the same for the family member of each of the more than 2,000 individuals killed that day. The death of Bin Laden will not bring those loved ones back but for one night they can lay their heads down and know the man responsible has met justice. At the hands of our boys. At the hands of our president.

Even if all of details of the 9/11 attacks will never be known, the man who claimed responsibility has been brought to justice... and that's all we can ask for.