Morals Good/evil

Serious discussions is a non goofing off zone requiring only those who can post and handle others' opinions in a civilized fashion. Party poopers will be disposed of in a blink of an eye!
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

I was just thinking to myself today :rolleyes: , and morals sprung up. Should human beings have them? Is there a good an evil built in us that hasnt been created by man to control us? To be honest i hadnt been reading the greatest of texts when this came up and that was the diary's of the columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold ( :rant: crazy fools). But what I read kind of clicked to me. Is what mummy and daddy told us as kids really true? I mean in the animal kingdom is a gorilla or a lion will bitch smack another if it has a problem with it :fist: . I am pretty much against violence and prefer to talk things out, but this make my beliefs correct? I know a lot of people who are "down with the streets" who would prefer to "bust a cap" at the people they see fit and would'nt hesitate to do so.

Also with the amount of content on the internet its enough to break anyones moral judgment. Examples being 2 girls one cup, pain olympics ect ect. You can pretty much see what ever you want online. I have recently learned of a internet group called anonymous. They "Lurk" in a website called http://www.4chan.org and clearly have no morals or at least "Online morals" laughing at anything from rape, murder to national attacks (9/11 ect). They dont seem to hurt anyone though their antics but does this make it ok?

Anyway enough of me ranting its time to here from you guys and perhaps i will rant more later :dx:
"Seeeeeeeeeearch and! Seek and Destroy!" http://columbine.myminicity.com
Lord Paragon
Skilled Kombatant

No... no, get that site away from me! it offends my eyes... the dregs of souls of those who give the internet a bad name lurk there.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Teal"]Dont make me say it.... :threaten:
FALCON ... PAAAUUUNCH![/color]
Mortal Kombat: Resurrection
[email="lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com"]lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com[/email][/CENTER]
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

Exactly it offends YOU. It does not offend me and it does not offended a fair few people. But does that make you a better person? Does that make me a worse person? Who knows, I f**king hate life :P filled with so many stupid questions
C'est la vie!
Skilled Kombatant

Morals are biological, i guess.
We naturally hate what we fear and attack what we hate, most of these anti-social, anti-ethic people are deeply afraid of what they mock or attack.
Morals are the "nice" way to denigrate the behaviors, activities and individualities we fear.
[CENTER]Image
The vampire's power lies in the disbelief of its existance.[/CENTER]
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

C'est la vie! wrote:Morals are biological, i guess.
We naturally hate what we fear and attack what we hate, most of these anti-social, anti-ethic people are deeply afraid of what they mock or attack.
Morals are the "nice" way to denigrate the behaviors, activities and individualities we fear.

Well, I have established you have gathered the first part of my rant, although my question was ment to be "are they a must have?" and should we denote those who neglect to practice them?
Shaolin_Forever
Intermediate Warrior

As part a small group of agnostic people (at least in my local area), i come under moral and religious flak every time i take 3 steps outside my house. Though the people that do this to me say they do it to give me better morals or religion, i find myself more and more resistant, coming right up to point-blank open violence. Morality isn't my issue, its the people who try to force on my friends and me. Surely there is some "moral" problem there? Problem is, i can't see it.
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

Shaolin_Forever wrote:As part a small group of agnostic people (at least in my local area), i come under moral and religious flak every time i take 3 steps outside my house. Though the people that do this to me say they do it to give me better morals or religion, i find myself more and more resistant, coming right up to point-blank open violence. Morality isn't my issue, its the people who try to force on my friends and me. Surely there is some "moral" problem there? Problem is, i can't see it.

Agh I see, seems to me there is a case of to many "Do gooders" in your town :P. Here in Australia its pretty awesome if you ask me. Everything SEEMS to be in even balance. No one has ever forced their religion or faith on me and yet in my town there doesnt seem to be an overwhelming amount of crime ect. I guess we really are the "Lucky country"