Should We Lynch 1 White Guy, To Be Fair?

Serious discussions is a non goofing off zone requiring only those who can post and handle others' opinions in a civilized fashion. Party poopers will be disposed of in a blink of an eye!
Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant
Location: yo mama's kitchen butt nekkid cooking eggs. want breakfast?

[color="Red"]All of the lynchees in American history have been Black, to the best of my knowledge.

Isn't it about time we strung up one (completely innocent and totally falsely accused) white man?

Thoughts?[/color]
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

Im cool with that, as long as that white guy is not me! ;)
only stryker fan wrote:OH MY GOD you are an evil fucking mastermind
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:[color="Red"]All of the lynchees in American history have been Black, to the best of my knowledge.

Isn't it about time we strung up one (completely innocent and totally falsely accused) white man?

Thoughts?[/color]

Yes, let's lynch a completely innocent and falsely accused white man to make things "fair". That way, we can show that we're as bad as the white people are. :rolleyes:
waufreak89
Expert Warrior

KKW2 wrote:Ever seen Birth of a Nation? You'll see what I mean.

Just a couple weeks ago I watched Birth of Nation in a film class for college. It really is amazing just how bluntly racist white people were at that time.

Glancing quickly at this proposal it seems like it might actually work. However if the reasoning behind doing it would be to ease tension, then it would fail at that goal. Such an act would only spark a desire for revenge from radical white extremists. The action of hanging an innocent white man would give the extremist groups a “legitimate” reason to apply their twisted ideology and attack black people. It’s just like any other form of revenge; it only perpetuates a cycle of violence.

Not to mention, it’s never right to harm an innocent person, even if the intended outcome is for good.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Well if a innocent white guy gets lynched, that's not justice to those people who did get lynched in those times. The people who lynch the white guy are no better than the people who lynched black people in the first place. You wouldn't be making anything right, because revenge is not justice.

There are a lot of viewpoints here that are complex, such as violence can be used for good. But using violence as a means of revenge is where things get messed up.
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Wow...

This might be a bit of a coincidence, but I just got through watching "American History X" about a half hour ago.

Anyway, as for the topic: I think the idea is completely fair. But whether or not lynching one white man is fair is irrelevant. The question is, is it right to lynch a man for such reasons. Which I'm sure (well, at least I hope) we can all agree would not be right.

Blood for blood is no way for a rational society to operate, even if it is for reasons of pure justice. True, we have things like the death penalty, but that's an entirely different debate altogether. Essentially, if this was to happen, it would only ratchet up racial tensions across the country, perhaps even around the planet. Furthermore, it would set a precedent for repeat lynchings of white men, with blacks, Latinos and other races thinking to themselves, "Well, if they can hang one, why can't we?" Which would in turn lead to more retaliations and unnecessary bloodshed.

I also think that the major proponents of equal rights would look down upon this idea as brutish. Would Martin Luther King support such an idea? Would Jesse Jackson? If Rosa Parks had lynched the bus driver, do you think she'd be thought of as a hero for the cause of black rights as she is today?

In a society where all people are governed by notions of rationality and justice, and there was no possibility of outrage and vile retaliation as a result of this act; if it was merely seen as an act of "equal trade" between white people and the races they've oppressed over the years; then I could see this idea being able to work. But people operate on emotion, and lynching a man, who would become a martyr in the eyes of white supremacists and perhaps even a figure they would liken to Jesus, would make emotions flare with very harmful consequences.

Unless, of course, you wanna lynch someone like Bush or Cheney. That might not turn out so bad. [/Lefty liberal hippie]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][color="DarkOrchid"]Check out my New York City-based theater company! http://www.LeftHipProductions.com[/color][/CENTER]
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

KKW2 wrote:
frkonalsh2003 wrote:The people who lynch the white guy are no better than the people who lynched black people in the first place.

And that makes it unfair because...
If your talking about fair then lynching one white guy still wouldn't make anything right or fair.
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

It's true, it would be fair, and yes, the topic is about fairness, not what's right. But I still say the fairness is irrelevant next to the factor of being right. If we were to actually go through with this idea, I reiterate the martyr factor. This would mean that, similar to Islamic extremists, the lynched man would become a symbol for white supremacists, which would trigger a massive backlash by the militant white supremacists, which would then escalate into a full-on race war, or worse, a pseudo-civil war.

I mean, a government-sanctioned execution of a man guilty only of being white would split the country ideologically, and we've already gone through that once before, much to the amusement of Great Britain. Except today, nations like Iran, North Korea and Saudi Arabia would be the ones grinning like cats all through our infighting.

[CENTER][color="DarkOrchid"]Check out my New York City-based theater company! http://www.LeftHipProductions.com[/color][/CENTER]
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Exactly. That's one of my original points: black, Latino and Asian people will have that mindset and probably won't be satisfied with just one white death, so they'll form their own lynch mobs and take to the streets en masse.

frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Hell Ninja Scorpion wrote:It's true, it would be fair, and yes, the topic is about fairness, not what's right.
That's kind of what I'm trying to say. The logic of fairness would say that the same amount of white men lynched would be the same amount that black people were lynched. Sort of like an eye for an eye.
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

No offense, but this thread is stupid. Why is it in the SERIOUS discussions forum? People who want to lynch ANYBODY is sick and twisted. I mean, is this the mind set of minorities? Because if you want racism to end, you should really stop saying stupid shit like this.

Thanks to JaL for the awesome sig.
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Well, BB, I don't think it's anyone's plce to judge whether or not this belongs in the Serious Discussions forum, unless it's a mod or admin who thinks it belons elsewhere. And since everyone who's posted in here has posted intelligently and seriously, I don't really think there's going to be any problems with it.

Furthermore, I don't think anyone really wants to go through with this idea, we're just debating whether we think it would help. Obviously this is an extreme hypothetical situation: no one is actually planning on carrying out this plan. So in the safety of the "what if" scenario we can discuss this not as a "stupid" idea, but as a closer inspection of the issues that would lead to this mindset, and the possible outcomes. I personally, like you, think it's an absolutely terrible idea. But I've already outlined my reasons for it in my first post.

Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant

BarakaBrat wrote:No offense, but this thread is stupid. Why is it in the SERIOUS discussions forum? People who want to lynch ANYBODY is sick and twisted. I mean, is this the mind set of minorities? Because if you want racism to end, you should really stop saying stupid shit like this.

[color="Red"]Care to explain yourself minus the emotion? Why are you so angry? Are you Dolphins Fan?

For as much as I the idea may be fair, I don't think it would serve much purpose. 1 Man won't bring back the thousands of black lives claimed to lynchings. Going through with the idea wouldn't reclaim the Black Community or make Black life any better, because people would just want more people to be lynched lol. I think I saw that somewhere in this thread, but too lazy to look bad. Oh lawd, y'all type a lot.[/color]
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:
BarakaBrat wrote:No offense, but this thread is stupid. Why is it in the SERIOUS discussions forum? People who want to lynch ANYBODY is sick and twisted. I mean, is this the mind set of minorities? Because if you want racism to end, you should really stop saying stupid shit like this.

[color="Red"]Care to explain yourself minus the emotion? Why are you so angry? Are you Dolphins Fan?

For as much as I the idea may be fair, I don't think it would serve much purpose. 1 Man won't bring back the thousands of black lives claimed to lynchings. Going through with the idea wouldn't reclaim the Black Community or make Black life any better, because people would just want more people to be lynched lol. I think I saw that somewhere in this thread, but too lazy to look bad. Oh lawd, y'all type a lot.[/color]

Well I look at it this way...my grandparents are holocaust survivors, and they went though MUCH worse than lynching. Still, you don't see me saying "Oh well, let's kill all the Germans. I just think this whole thread is obnoxious and racist. Sorry but, that's what it is...it's racist. I'll explain what happened to me yesterday...

I backed up into a black guys car and I got out of the car, told him I was sorry and we should exchange insurance. His response was "no, I'm gonna call the police...I don't trust white people
. Now, I've never given anyone a reason not to trust me, since I am a very trustworthy person. So it made me start to think...see, ever since I was little I was totally against racism. I still am but...well see. my friend was dating a black guy, and I said something that pissed me off and he pushed me. Then the guy whose car I hit, he said he wanted $2500 for damages, when his car wasnt' even worth more than $300, and eventually he admitted he was trying to con me. And now THIS thread? As much as I have stuck up for the racial minorities my whole life, its just seems like black people are the most racist in the country, and I don't care who I'm offened by saying it because this thread is offensive and stupid. I mean, how can I keep sticking up for the racial minority when all I've seen within just the past week is one black guy push me, one black guy try to con me out of a lot of money, and one black guy start a stupid thread like this full of hate. How am I supposed to keep sticking up for you guys, when all you do to me personally, is show a very asshole-ish, ignorant, and low class side?

I'm not a racist, but all these things that have happened recently are making the wheels in my head turn, and I'm sure I'm not the only white person in here who is fighting for racial equality that has kinda changed their minds a little bit. If you want to end racism in the U.S., then don't make stupid threads like this which makes you seem hateful, and just plain dumb.

I could make the argument that we should shoot one black person in the head to make up for all the gang violence, but I don't because that's a shitty thing to say, just like this post by HH. I don't sympathize with your situation, because it seems obvious that if you saw a white man dying, you would just let him rot. So yeah, I'm done sticking up for the racial minority just because of this post, and some of the responses. If people dont' want white people to hate them or want them dead, they need to know it's a two way street.

ETA: If anyone things my post is racist well, I don't care because I know I'm not racist, but it seems like many black people on this forum are. If my post is racist, then HH's is much worse. Lynch an innocent white man because of the PAST? So dumb.

pimpchimp
Ultimate Warrior

Ya you tell HH, BB. i get called terrorist and i just let it go because they cant don't anything if they cant provoke me. Its usually my friends so I know they are joking but people need to not be racists. I'm racist a lot but only to close friends and they know I am joking. This shit is gonna be tossed back and forth so lets end it the smart way: don't be fucking racist unless you know them and are close. TA DA
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pimpchimp
Regular user of no importance
pimpchimp@fakeemail.net
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just ONE white person. Bush killed how many already with the war in Iraq? And this is not about racism. It's about fairness to other ethnicities because of the pain they've endured at the hands of the Whites. I see no problem. And how about those gringos down south who support segregation? Do you believe they're all so innocent? I think not. Just hang a few of those and we'll all be happy.

:wave:

I'm not trying to be mean, just setting a point.
Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant

BarakaBrat wrote:
Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:[color="Red"]Care to explain yourself minus the emotion? Why are you so angry? Are you Dolphins Fan?

Well I look at it this way...my grandparents are holocaust survivors, and they went though MUCH worse than lynching. Still, you don't see me saying "Oh well, let's kill all the Germans. I just think this whole thread is obnoxious and racist. Sorry but, that's what it is...it's racist. I'll explain what happened to me yesterday...

I backed up into a black guys car and I got out of the car, told him I was sorry and we should exchange insurance. His response was "no, I'm gonna call the police...I don't trust white people
. Now, I've never given anyone a reason not to trust me, since I am a very trustworthy person. So it made me start to think...see, ever since I was little I was totally against racism. I still am but...well see. my friend was dating a black guy, and I said something that pissed me off and he pushed me. Then the guy whose car I hit, he said he wanted $2500 for damages, when his car wasnt' even worth more than $300, and eventually he admitted he was trying to con me. And now THIS thread? As much as I have stuck up for the racial minorities my whole life, its just seems like black people are the most racist in the country, and I don't care who I'm offened by saying it because this thread is offensive and stupid. I mean, how can I keep sticking up for the racial minority when all I've seen within just the past week is one black guy push me, one black guy try to con me out of a lot of money, and one black guy start a stupid thread like this full of hate. How am I supposed to keep sticking up for you guys, when all you do to me personally, is show a very asshole-ish, ignorant, and low class side?

I'm not a racist, but all these things that have happened recently are making the wheels in my head turn, and I'm sure I'm not the only white person in here who is fighting for racial equality that has kinda changed their minds a little bit. If you want to end racism in the U.S., then don't make stupid threads like this which makes you seem hateful, and just plain dumb.

I could make the argument that we should shoot one black person in the head to make up for all the gang violence, but I don't because that's a shitty thing to say, just like this post by HH. I don't sympathize with your situation, because it seems obvious that if you saw a white man dying, you would just let him rot. So yeah, I'm done sticking up for the racial minority just because of this post, and some of the responses. If people dont' want white people to hate them or want them dead, they need to know it's a two way street.

ETA: If anyone things my post is racist well, I don't care because I know I'm not racist, but it seems like many black people on this forum are. If my post is racist, then HH's is much worse. Lynch an innocent white man because of the PAST? So dumb.

[color="Red"]WTF are you even talking about? First of all, you have no idea what I am or where my family is from, so fuck outta here with that. Secondly, this thread isn't about Germans, it's not about the holocaust, and it's not about you getting punked by these black guys 3 days in a row. It was a simple question, not a suggestion. Where is the hate? Did you not see in the post above you that I said it would a bad idea?

Blacks in America are synonymous with lynching, stop trying to interject your people into everything, you know damn well what we're talking about. All that cry baby shit is gay.

I don't care how many black people are mean to you on a daily basis. I couldn't care less that you think blacks are the most racist people. This is question about American history. Blacks have a history of being victims of white violence, intimidation and institutional racism since the first slave arrived on American shores up to the present day shootings of Sean Bell and Amdou Diallo. No?

Stop being so sensitive and taking what I type outta context.[/color]

pimpchimp wrote:people need to not be racist.

pimpchimp wrote:I'm racist a lot

[color="Red"]Are you serious?[/color]
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

SonyaLover wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. It's just ONE white person. Bush killed how many already with the war in Iraq? And this is not about racism. It's about fairness to other ethnicities because of the pain they've endured at the hands of the Whites. I see no problem. And how about those gringos down south who support segregation? Do you believe they're all so innocent? I think not. Just hang a few of those and we'll all be happy.

:wave:

I'm not trying to be mean, just setting a point.

Just ONE white person. So if we lynched just ONE black person in the past it wouldn't be a big deal, right? Assuming you're white SL, let's make that random person who gets lynched your mom. Bet it doesn't sound like such a good idea now, huh? One life can affect many people.

And as far as making up for the past, I know that my family the generations before me were never involved in a lynching. What I gather from this post is that black people don't want equal rights, they want more rights than anyone else. I mean seriously, if all black people feel the way HH does, there's no way the white man will ever let anyone of color get ahead in the country.

[Quote]WTF are you even talking about? First of all, you have no idea what I am or where my family is from, so fuck outta here with that. Secondly, this thread isn't about Germans, it's not about the holocaust, and it's not about you getting punked by these black guys 3 days in a row. It was a simple question, not a suggestion. Where is the hate? Did you not see in the post above you that I said it would a bad idea?[quote/]

First, judging from all the threads you make against white people, I can only assume you're black, and I've also been told you are before. Also, as far as your response to the holocaust thing, what I've gathered is that you don't have care the history of other people suffering, only your own kind. My response was valid, and relevent, but you didn't even response to my statement. That's because you know I'm right. Every minority has been persecuated all over the world in some way or another, reguardless whether it's about race, religion, etc. Why are YOU so much more important?

SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

But my mom's not white, so :p . Sucks for your idea about my mom. In the eyes of the government, Portuguese people are considered Hispanic, anyhow. SOOO, that makes my family and I "not white"

Stop being such an over-sensitive bitch about this. This isn't about race anyway! It's about lynching one white male for the sake of being fair. We can ALWAYS use a damn convict! Oh wait, is he innocent too?! :rolleyes:
pimpchimp
Ultimate Warrior

pimpchimp wrote:Ya you tell HH, BB. i get called terrorist and i just let it go because they cant don't anything if they cant provoke me. Its usually my friends so I know they are joking but people need to not be racists. I'm racist a lot but only to close friends and they know I am joking. This shit is gonna be tossed back and forth so lets end it the smart way: don't be fucking racist unless you know them and are close. TA DA

Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:
pimpchimp wrote:people need to not be racist.

pimpchimp wrote:I'm racist a lot

[color="Red"]Are you serious?[/color]

Read the bold double h. I'm not racist like that. i will say whats up beaner to my mexican friend for example. Ima sleep ill reply to you tomorrow double h.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pimpchimp
Regular user of no importance
pimpchimp@fakeemail.net
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

SonyaLover wrote:But my mom's not white, so :p . Sucks for your idea about my mom. In the eyes of the government, Portuguese people are considered Hispanic, anyhow. SOOO, that makes my family and I "not white"

So THAT'S why you like the idea...because it doesn't affect you. I'm not suprised then, how many minorities would LOVE to see the white man go down, even if they're not racist? The answer is...A LOT. I see it all the time. So remember all these white people who are fighting for you guys, and remember you watched to lynch one of them because it's "fair".

Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant

BarakaBrat wrote:Just ONE white person. So if we lynched just ONE black person in the past it wouldn't be a big deal, right? Assuming you're white SL, let's make that random person who gets lynched your mom. Bet it doesn't sound like such a good idea now, huh? One life can affect many people.

And as far as making up for the past, I know that my family the generations before me were never involved in a lynching. What I gather from this post is that black people don't want equal rights, they want more rights than anyone else. I mean seriously, if all black people feel the way HH does, there's no way the white man will ever let anyone of color get ahead in the country.

WTF are you even talking about? First of all, you have no idea what I am or where my family is from, so fuck outta here with that. Secondly, this thread isn't about Germans, it's not about the holocaust, and it's not about you getting punked by these black guys 3 days in a row. It was a simple question, not a suggestion. Where is the hate? Did you not see in the post above you that I said it would a bad idea?[quote/]

First, judging from all the threads you make against white people, I can only assume you're black, and I've also been told you are before. Also, as far as your response to the holocaust thing, what I've gathered is that you don't have care the history of other people suffering, only your own kind. My response was valid, and relevent, but you didn't even response to my statement. That's because you know I'm right. Every minority has been persecuated all over the world in some way or another, reguardless whether it's about race, religion, etc. Why are YOU so much more important?

[color="Red"]1. What are these "threads against whites" you're talking about? And even if I did make threads threads against whites, that automatically makes me black? LMAO.

2. Of course I didn't respond to that shit you posted, it has nothing to do with THIS thread. Get it?
If you wanna cry like a baby about something, make your own thread instead of ruining mine. Your response is irrelevant to this thread.

You're not catching what i'm saying... at all. Stop over-analyzing everything and re-read what I've type through-out this old thread. Find where I said any race was more important than the next? Where is that? Here? There? Is it hiding under those tears you're crying out? So beacuse I make a thread about ONE race I gotta make one for every other one too? You act like i'm giving free FEMA checks out or something, fuck outta here.[/color]
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

They're not fighting for me. Last time I checked, I never said, "Hey, US Army, go to Iraq and just kill people there because of 9/11 and Weapons of Mass Destruction". They're fighting for some idiot of a president who thinks there are weapons of mass destruction, which turned out to be false. If anything, lynch him. No one cares about him. And I never watched a white man get lynched before, only in movies. Oh, the black slaves were also innocent, but did they deserved to be lynched because of the color of their skin? It's never a white man's fault. All they do is brush all their shit under the carpet and act like nothing ever happened. And as long as something doesn't affect me or my family, I could care less about what happens to who.

Oh and it's not only WHITE people fighting in the army, you know? The whole ARMY, NAVY OR AIR FORCE is not consisted of ONLY white people. Even way back, who helped white people during wars? The slaves did, but did they ever get any credit, a pat in back with people saying, "Oh great job you're alright! I guess you don't have to be slave!" NO! White people just went on cracking them whips until WAAAAY later on! You act like the only people who has ever done anything in this world to make it better are white people. You act like they're saviors because of "all the sacrifices they've made." Yeah, I respect that, but you also have to know that it was only white people who helped change the world.
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:
BarakaBrat wrote:Just ONE white person. So if we lynched just ONE black person in the past it wouldn't be a big deal, right? Assuming you're white SL, let's make that random person who gets lynched your mom. Bet it doesn't sound like such a good idea now, huh? One life can affect many people.

WTF are you even talking about? First of all, you have no idea what I am or where my family is from, so fuck outta here with that. Secondly, this thread isn't about Germans, it's not about the holocaust, and it's not about you getting punked by these black guys 3 days in a row. It was a simple question, not a suggestion. Where is the hate? Did you not see in the post above you that I said it would a bad idea?
[color="Red"]1. What are these "threads against whites" you're talking about? And even if I did make threads threads against whites, that automatically makes me black? LMAO.

2. Of course I didn't respond to that shit you posted, it has nothing to do with THIS thread. Get it?
If you wanna cry like a baby about something, make your own thread instead of ruining mine. Your response is irrelevant to this thread.

You're not catching what i'm saying... at all. Stop over-analyzing everything and re-read what I've type through-out this old thread. Find where I said any race was more important than the next? Where is that? Here? There? Is it hiding under those tears you're crying out? So beacuse I make a thread about ONE race I gotta make one for every other one too? You act like i'm giving free FEMA checks out or something, fuck outta here.[/color]

Okay first, you tell me not to interject MY people into this thread...well...it sounds like what you're saying is YOUR people are the only ones important enough to include in this thread . I mean, there are SO many other prejucides out there, but you decided to dwell on only ONE for some reason. And no, my response is not irrelevant. Maybe it is to YOU because you can't relate, and therefore don't care. If you did, you would welcome another minorities causes in this topic, but you didn't.

Now I personally don't think you're racist because I've known you for like almost two years now, but this topic sure makes you sound that way. I don't see how my bringing up the holocaust is irrelevent when persecutions and torture to a much more extreme degree happened. Jews, Gypsies, Catholics, all were victims of the holocaust, and even though it happened and it sucked...they moved on many became very successful in life. If other minorities can let the past go and realize that society and laws are different, why is it that black people are the ONLY ones who can't?

And SonyaLover, the only war that existed during times of slavery were the American Revolution, and The Civil war. The biggest reason for the civil war was because of slavery. So here you have half the country fighting to give these slaves a life worth living, but instead now their posterity says "the white man should pay". It's not gonna happen.

Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant

[color="Red"]Duh there are other "prejucides" out there, but this thread isn't about them. Everyone else in this thread besides you and your little co-signer made an intelligent post ON-topic. I dunno enough about the holocaust to make a thread about them, why don't you? You seem like you have a personal vendetta against black people or something, or mabye you're upset that this thread isn't about "your people" instead? Grow the fuck up.

I can't believe I wasted 20 minutes of sleep waiting for that shitty post. Goodnight.[/color]