Abortion

Serious discussions is a non goofing off zone requiring only those who can post and handle others' opinions in a civilized fashion. Party poopers will be disposed of in a blink of an eye!
Klerik of Kaos
Expert Warrior

There are tons of human rights activists that constantly protest outside of abortion clinics, and yell obscenities at women who get abortions. It's one thing to have a passion for someone, but it's a whole other to completely pass judgement on someone for a personal choice.

Me personally, I don't really care much what the other women do. It's their body and they can choose to do with it what they please. If it was up to me, I would not have an abortion. Seeing as how I don't like the idea of killing a fetus, I'm not going to go into a woman's face and bash her personal decision.

I believe that these protestors should butt out of these women's lives and let them do as they please. Protesting isn't going to stop women from having abortions, and it's not making their choice any easier. They should pass a law that these protestors can not be on or around the vicinity of abortion clinics protesting, and yelling at women.

I've stated my opinion. Let's hear yours. What is your standpoint on abortion?

HELLO FROM THE CONDOM FAIRY!
Khaiden
Expert Warrior

I think the same thing as you, women can do whatever they want for their bodies, but killing another living being is another thing, if they really don't want to have a baby then just give it to another family that will accept the baby and give a good life to him/her.
And KoK, the protestors won't care if it's a law, they never care, they just write what they think in signs and start screaming in chorus the thing they're against of, law or not.
Sig made by the one and only Simple_Brutality
Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant
Location: yo mama's kitchen butt nekkid cooking eggs. want breakfast?

[color="Red"]There are many, many reason why abortion should remain legal. Victims of rape, medical reasons, the simple reason of choice ------->[/color]
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

Hanzo_Hasashi wrote:[color="Red"]There are many, many reason why abortion should remain legal. Victims of rape, medical reasons, the simple reason of choice ------->[/color]

Yeah Im not big on the subject of abortion, but if someone were to ask me I'd say Im pro-choice.

Also to add to that list is teen pregnancies, and Im not talking about 18-19 year olds, Im talking about when a 14-16 year old gets pregnant. They're just too young to have the responsibility of taking care of a baby. Hell most adults I know arent even qualified in my opinion to have a kid because they cant even take care of themselves let alone another kid.

Yeah Im pro-choice, and could care less about the protesters.
only stryker fan wrote:OH MY GOD you are an evil fucking mastermind
airborneranger
True Kombatant

Pro choice for me.Many Christians aren't,however.How can you call something human when it can't even make decisions for itself and has no mind?
Omni-[N|E|O]-Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

People are aware of their choices. Life is full of choices. If people consider not giving birth to a baby, they have a serious reason of doing that. Protesters can go protest for another issue. Abortion is a personal choice, not a collective one.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Klerik of Kaos
Expert Warrior

I agree with you whole heartedly KKW. I too believe that they have no right to tell a woman what to do. Telling them that they could've put them up for adoption is just as bad as telling them not to. Some women are too afraid to give birth, which is why they have abortions. And some women can't live with the thought that their child is out there somewhere with another family. Constantly wondering, "Are they having a good life? Are they being abused?"

That takes a toll on a woman and these protestors really make it even more difficult than it already is. They're adding fuel to a fire that hurts them. Some women just don't care but some do.

JaL
Skilled Kombatant

[color="Teal"]First of all, I come in peace! *holds up peace sign*

Personally, I don't like the idea of abortion. You just don't get to decide who lives and who dies. But I must admit that there are certain instances where I could say that I am with abortion. One example is when the family is already too big, and they know that they can't support another child, then maybe I'm open to the abortion thing. But, when it's just some dumb couple (pref. boyfriend/girlfriend kind) who did not have safe sex and was just both being stupid, then I don't think that they have the option to have abortion. I mean, if you really didn't want to have kids, then why didn't you prevent it? Like what people say, there are those who always have an excuse for everything. Another example are those victims of rape. I guess I could be pro-abortion when it comes to them, as they really didn't want that to happen to them.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here (as I don't know what you people experience in real life). But I just can't help it if I have that kind of opinion.[/color]
[CENTER]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
steam: [color="#008080"]jandrew [jandrewcepticon][/color]
psn: [color="#008080"]jandrewcepticon[/color]
[/CENTER]
JaL
Skilled Kombatant

[color="Teal"]Yeah, I can't really blame people who are trying. Not every contraceptive pill works on any woman, it's true. But there are other preventions too.. like by not having sex. No, I'm not trying to be funny. But from I what I hear, abortion cases (well atleast here in my country) usually involves women who are not married. meaning they got pregnant because of maybe a one night stand or something. Again, this is from what happens here. So abortion just because of your own fault should not really be allowed.

Regarding the whole "who gets to live or die thing", no one really has the right. But I'm just saying that it's better to choose not to kill rather than to kill. That's all.[/color]
[CENTER]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
steam: [color="#008080"]jandrew [jandrewcepticon][/color]
psn: [color="#008080"]jandrewcepticon[/color]
[/CENTER]
Klerik of Kaos
Expert Warrior

I agree with the one night stand thing. If people want to have a one night stand, then they should've used protection because they don't know that person's status. (STD and STI-wise that is.) But still in all, who wants to have a baby with someone they'll never see again? So in that sense, if they have an abortion, it's somewhat understandable, but the pregnancy is of their own merit.

Omni-[N|E|O]-Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Yeah, KKW2. I totally agree on that. Why the hell some pro-life protesters would even care about the personal decisions of pregnant women?

Edit: Didn't see your post coming, then I edited mine...
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

I'm pro-choice, but I would prefer it if they kept the baby. If they couldn't raise it, then give it up for adoption or something. Still, if they decide not to keep the baby, I wouldn't have any negative comments about that decision. I'll never be pregnant and I'll never know what's like to be pregnant, but when my best friend was pregnant, she said it was horrible. So yeah, I'm pro-choice.

Thanks to JaL for the awesome sig.