MK Rosters

If you're a newbie or never had the chance to reply to these classic DMK threads, do so here. The bumping rule doesn't apply but post counts don't increase here.
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

Out of all the Mortal Kombat games made, what game do you think has the best roster? I think that Mortal Kombat 2 has all of the charaters I like.
Terakul
Novice Fighter

Mk3 or UMk3 cause i didnt like MK3(imho!), only had smoke and kabal in it that i liked.

I think that, Mk2 had my favorite. It was the first on of the series i played and love reptile so i think thats why
I am your F I R E god
Year of the Tiger
Skilled Kombatant

Terakul wrote:Mk3 or UMk3 cause i didnt like MK3(imho!), only had smoke and kabal in it that i liked.

I think that, Mk2 had my favorite. It was the first on of the series i played and love reptile so i think thats why

I completely agree with Teraku. My favorite MK roster is the roster from Mortal Kombat 2. That game had the best three ninjas (Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile), the two female ninjas, Kung Lao, Kang, Tsung, Raiden etc etc etc This game was also the first MK game that Shao Kahn (the best boss of MK) was in. Now that is a great cast of characters, if I say so myself

あなたのぬくもりもっと抱きしめたい - THC!!
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

I didn't like MK2 that much because of Kintaro, he was kind of hard to beat.
Simple_Brutality
Champion Warrior

probably for me MK3, mk2, and Deception, because baraka, and kabal, and Scorpion MuuWahahaha
im so cool that i made SK20's sig :D
Camerata 81
Expert Warrior

My fav characters are: Johnny Cage, Sub Zero, Kitana and Jade. These chars were present all together only in MKII. So MKII has my fav roster.
[CENTER]
Italians do it better
[/CENTER]
scropionjj
Beginning Fighter

jade,nitara,li mei,kitana,frost,scopion,sub-zero,smoke,noob-saibot,rain,reptile,ermac, and sho kahn are the coolest characters
Ali Mohsin
Skilled Kombatant

MK 2 has the koolest rosters . MK 3 was ok not bad but missed scorpion in it. :D
Shaolin Sensation
True Kombatant

MK2 for sure! like YOTT said, it had the three best ninja's Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile, they had returning characters like Liu Kang, Raiden, Cage and Shang Tsung - who was playable! they had cool new characters like Kung Lao, Baraka, Kitana and Jax. then there is Kintaro who is like Goro on steroids, Shao Kahn who is probably the most evil badass end boss in any game, and a bunch of mad cap hidden fighters (Smoke, Noob Saibot, Jade) to top it all off. i can honestly say that the roster for this game was perfect imo, everything just seems to fit. it puts MK3 to shame
Icy Rain 7219

i think mk trilogy has the best roster....or mkda.........or deception
Allah Hanzo
Skilled Kombatant
Location: yo mama's kitchen butt nekkid cooking eggs. want breakfast?

Yea, i think MK Trilogy has the best roster, but if your talking about the regular games it has to be Mortal Kombat 2.
SHAO KHAN 20
Skilled Kombatant

In my honest opinion, I think MK: Trilogy did indeed have the best roster since it had every single character in the series pre mk4. but, other than that, it is a tie between mortal kombat 2 and mortal kombat deception.
Bluigi
Intermediate Warrior

i guess mk2 it was one of the best ones to come out
Muddy Pants Mario vs Bluigi the Battle Continues hey visit my site at http://lousycheats.tripod.com :and join the forums :cool:
Sai_Queen
Beginning Fighter

Definetly MK2 had the best roster. It was such an improvement from MK 1 it was just amazing. Shao Kahn and Kintaro were the best line up of all. I mean Kinataro WAS hard, but we need a little challenge right? MK2 was the best (even though I LOVE the roster in Deception - characters like Kobra and Darrius just put a bad taste in my mouth) and with MK2 you didn't have nonsense characters like that (well depending if you think Cage is a nonsense character that is)
Reece:"No one believes I beat the last level of Mortal Kombat"
Father: "Because that's just ridiculous. No one beats Sub-Zero!". :D -Malcolm in the Middle
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

When I say I like charaters or roster lists, it don't have to be a personal thing to me. To tell you the truth, I thing that I am the only person that loves every Mortal Kombat charater!
Neptune
Intermediate Warrior

I have to agree with Smooth, I love every MK charater too! But, I like MK: DA's roster.
Even for a Water God!
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

You must really love water! Anyway, I just wanted to say that I don't care about a certain charater, but if I'm good with a type of fighting style, I will play as him or her. To me, it dosen't matter about how the person is but that doesn't mean that I won't play as or dislike a charater. You see what I mean?
Icy-X
Master Kombatant

The Ninja Stalker wrote:I am in conjunction with the last two posts. Mortal Kombat Trilogy has my favoreite roster. Rain, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, and Ermac all in the same game. :yes

um... those 4 r in UMK3 as well....

any ways.....

MK Deception has my fav roster now and is my fav MK game. a lil over half the characters i like to play as. thats over twice as many as i would play as in past MK's. but b4 MKD came around id say MK2 and MKDA r tied but id go with MK2 cuz Liu Kang is my fav.
Baldy
Practicing Fighter

I like Mortal Kombat Deadly Deception, and MK4 rosters.

Siiiiiittdooooooownnn! :cool:
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

Baldy, you should change you post a little bit. I think you might have left out Alliance. ;)
Holy Grail

For sheer numbers of characters, you can't really go past Trilogy. It allowed matchups that (at the time) people had been aching for - Johnny Cage vs Kabal as an example. I used the think Capcom were crazy for craming ever possible character into their select screens however I can see that it has it's merits.

However for the most well rounded roster, I'd have to agree with YOTT and others by saying MK2 has it. Not only did it have the previous games boss as a playable character, it expanded on all the previous seven fighters and for the most part succeded. Also, the list of 'new' characters in MK2 have been the most enduring - names such as Baraka, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena have become staples in MK history and you just can't imagine the game without them. Except for Jax. Jax is dull and boring. I don't like Jax. But I won't use this as a platform for expressing my hatred of one character whose eye I would love to poke out with a stick!

(I hope I didn't say that out loud just now....)
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
islam rules
Intermediate Warrior

sub-zero, he alone kills it.

MYTHOLOGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neptune
Intermediate Warrior

islam rules wrote:sub-zero, he alone kills it.

MYTHOLOGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! But tell me, what set of charaters do you like?
Big Smoothin
Master Kombatant

Well I am just going to say a single character that I really like to make me love the rosters..... Kai on MK4.
Tanya
Practicing Fighter

I like the Deception roster personally, because mostly every fighter has a reason for being there, mostly being the key word (Dairou? I mean.. why?). And Jade, Tanya and Mileena are in it, and that pleases a lot of people. xD