WWE Discussion

All sport and indoor/outdoor activity related topics are discussed in this forum.

Do you still regularly watch WWE?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 6
Lord Paragon
Skilled Kombatant

I would have, but then id be double posting :P

Fully deserved, however, with the way his 1st defense was booked, i wonder how the hell King will ever forgive Cole for blatently costing him the world tile on his birthday. A title hes never had... If it were me, id wanna kill him :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Teal"]Dont make me say it.... :threaten:
FALCON ... PAAAUUUNCH![/color]
Mortal Kombat: Resurrection
[email="lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com"]lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com[/email][/CENTER]
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

MVP was released today. Maybe now he'll stop crying
ME
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've quit watching WWE for a long time now but I always get back in if something interesting develops. Its Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania time and there are rumors that the 2011 HoF class will feature many WCW wrestlers.

[SPOILER]Booker T made an appearance at the rumble and did his signature moves. Spinarooni was big with the crowd. Kevin Nash aka Diesel in WWE didn't fare so well. He suffered a quick beatdown. *Sees Kevin Nash heading back to TNA to join Main Event Mafia 2.0.* WWE needed some star power for the event and Booker T was fine but you know they are desperate when they brought in Nash.

Winner: Del Rio. Guy is pretty new for someone who will main event Wrestlemania. WWE needs to stop giving the belt to unestablished superstars. No wonder Dave doesn't watch this crap anymore. SMH. I just want Sting and Goldberg to get in the HoF and one of them or both to have a final match at WM27.
[/SPOILER]
adamDMK

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I've quit watching WWE for a long time now but I always get back in if something interesting develops. Its Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania time and there are rumors that the 2011 HoF class will feature many WCW wrestlers.

[SPOILER]Booker T made an appearance at the rumble and did his signature moves. Spinarooni was big with the crowd. Kevin Nash aka Diesel in WWE didn't fare so well. He suffered a quick beatdown. *Sees Kevin Nash heading back to TNA to join Main Event Mafia 2.0.* WWE needed some star power for the event and Booker T was fine but you know they are desperate when they brought in Nash.

Winner: Del Rio. Guy is pretty new for someone who will main event Wrestlemania. WWE needs to stop giving the belt to unestablished superstars. No wonder Dave doesn't watch this crap anymore. SMH. I just want Sting and Goldberg to get in the HoF and one of them or both to have a final match at WM27.
[/SPOILER]

I also haven't watch wrestling regularly for years now, but still follow it occasionally. I usually get interested in it around the Royal Rumble and try to keep up with the storylines leading into WrestleMania, since I always watch WrestleMania and haven't missed one in about 20 years (even if the business sucks as a whole).

I caught a few glimpses of the Rumble last night... and boy does the WWE suck nowadays. The past few Rumbles have been pretty damn good (except 2009), but after watching the Rumble match last night I can see why nobody watches this crap anymore. Maybe I'm just so out of tune with the WWE that the storylines don't affect me anymore, but it's sad when f'n Diesel gets the biggest pop of the night. Alberto Del Rio? I don't know much about the guy and haven't seen him wrestle yet (besides last night) but you have a point frk, is it a little too soon for this guy to be headlining WM? I was waiting for Sting or HHH or hell, even the Undertaker to show up and wreak havoc... but instead we get Diesel. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel for surprise entrants.

Honestly, unless something changes soon (like Sting having a final match at WrestleMania or Brock Lesnar showing up) this may be the first WrestleMania I'm missing since WrestleMania VI. And that's a sad statement on professional wrestling today.
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I've quit watching WWE for a long time now but I always get back in if something interesting develops. Its Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania time and there are rumors that the 2011 HoF class will feature many WCW wrestlers.

[/SPOILER]

There's nothing wrong with putting new guys over, they have to be established somehow.
ME
waufreak89
Expert Warrior

I was lucky enough to witness the Royal Rumble live in Boston. The crowd popped big time when Booker and Diesel came out. Alberto's win also got a big pop.

The latest big rumor is that Sting will making his WWE debut later this month. This is significant because Sting is one of the few major wrestling icons to never work directly under the WWE banner.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

If the rumors are true I wonder how Sting will be treated. When WWE bought WCW a lot of main event wrestlers from WCW were given small roles. With the exception of Goldberg a lot of WCW wrestlers were never given a real opportunity. Booker T didn't win the Heavyweight Title until he changed his gimmick to King Booker. DDP was driven into the ground. Majority of the WCW roster was gone after a couple of months.

Sting is a smart guy and one of the best WCW has ever had. He's pretty much WCW's version of The Undertaker. Would be a cool match to see at WM27.
RaZoRsEdGe
Skilled Kombatant

So like some of you have mentioned already, I dont watch wrestling anymore either but something like this deserves to be talked about.

THE ROCK!

I saw this yesterday and even after all these years you cant help but get a little excited inside. It brings back soooo many memories. There is something about him that just makes you keep watching. My brother and myself(and even a bunch of my friends) all watched last night and even reruns this morning because of him. If anyone can save this business, I think its him.

I cant promise im going to watch every single week or anything but im definitely going to be interested in whatt he will do next.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
[CENTER]"Those were $500 glasses ASSHOLE."
- Thanks Stimpy For The Awesome Sig!
[/CENTER]

[SIZE="5"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n_qjoKOM3U[/size][/CENTER][/size][/size]
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

His return was awesome and his segment even broke the PG lockdown. Granted it wasn't anything fully blown from the Attitude era but it was totally geared for the millions and MILLIONS of the Rock's fans. To be honest I can't remember the last time I was hanging to every word a wrestler had to say, I mean other than Kane's push and title run.

Needless to say, I'll be watching to see what happens next in the weeks leading to Wrestlemania.
adamDMK

The Rock returning was awesome!!! I just happened to be channel surfing on Monday night and tuned on USA... lo and behold The Rock's music hits and out he comes. It was a pretty surreal moment to see him back in a wrestling ring.

If they can manage to bring Sting in too... WWE might actually start bringing back some of the older casual fans. That could translate to a decent buyrate for WrestleMania.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

The Undertaker will defend his streak against Triple H. It should be a decent match but I don't know if it can top Taker vs HBK at WM25. The Rock cut another promo on John Cena, although it wasn't as cool as his return since it was via satellite, but still. I lost it at "Yabba Dabba Bitch!" haha.

As for Sting in WWE, forget it. TNA ran a copy cat promo (Undertaker's return) on Impact for Sting's return. Fans were outraged and blasted Dixie Carter that would put a Mark Madden TNA blog to shame. TNA is like the Cincinnati Bengals of pro wrestling, they need to go away.
Dave Rosteck

The E needs to grow some balls and put Cena up against The Streak. Simply put it would be a massive draw and very unpredictable because Vince would probably be stupid enough to have Cena go over (although Taker would have to win as it's a part of his legacy). Trips is 10 times better than say Wade Barrett but I'm tired of seeing these rematches in recent years. Taker needs some new (but worthy) blood.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:The Rock returning was awesome!!! I just happened to be channel surfing on Monday night and tuned on USA... lo and behold The Rock's music hits and out he comes. It was a pretty surreal moment to see him back in a wrestling ring.

Its crazy aye? The rock was one of my my favorites with Mankind and Stone Cold.

Also I'd love to see Taker defend his streak is a fatal four way. I think it would be great!!
"Seeeeeeeeeearch and! Seek and Destroy!" http://columbine.myminicity.com
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Last night marked the return of Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was there to promote the new Tough Enough show that launches in April. Unlike his previous appearance which was as a guest host, WWE bended the PG lock down for him (much like they did with The Rock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiftrC5IaSs
Dave Rosteck

Tough Enough is coming back?! Oh dear god..
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Yup, Austin is set as the host of the show with Booker T, Bill Demott, and Trish Stratus as trainers.

I wanna talk about what happened at TNA Victory Road 2011, the main event for the World Title lasted less than two minutes. Even for a guy like me that doesn't really watch pro wrestling anymore (much less TNA), that's cold. How do you do that to your real fans that actually buy your PPVs? One prominent wrestler said that the locker room hasn't learned anything from WCW when the inmates run the asylum. Ouch.
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

Pretty bummed that Edge retired but I'm happy that they found out so he could keep living a normal life.

How do you guys feel about Edge's retirement?
ME
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I knew Edge was retiring sooner rather than later, but not out of the blue. He was great on the mic, a great performer who you could love as a face or hate as a heel. Pretty sure he started the "you suck" chants in Kurt Angle's WWE theme.

With Edge gone, there are only a few members left of the Attitude Era. Triple H is close and even though Taker has a year left, he won't wrestle that much. Not sure how long Kane will stay, I thought his push and title run would be his last stretch but he said he will stay for a couple of more years. He has interest outside of wrestling and wants to go into politics.

Edge is going to drop the title on Smackdown to either Del Rio or Christian who will probably have a match at Extreme Rules.
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

Edge is just going to vacate the title on Smackdown and it'll probably be held up until the PPV when ADR and Christian face off for it.
ME
Dave Rosteck

Edge retiring is a real bummer but at least he was smart enough to end it on his own terms before he really messed himself up. Although he was one of the greater performers, I've always loved him on the mic too. That said, I think he'd make one hell of a commentator someday.

If you guys wanna relive Edge in HQ, my good bud over at YouTube has dedicated the next month to Edge on his channel @ http://youtube.com/SeizeTheDay22
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Dave Rosteck wrote:If you guys wanna relive Edge in HQ, my good bud over at YouTube has dedicated the next month to Edge on his channel @ http://youtube.com/SeizeTheDay22
I'll check it out, although he has run into some problems with stuff getting blocked. Not his fault though.

I don't see any contestant in Tough Enough that matches what John Morrison had back when he was in TEIII. Austin makes that show though.
Dave Rosteck

So the E is probably in its worst shape ever now.

- There's now word that Taker may already be in retirement although he may work next year's Mania and retire 20-0. Kane, HHH and Show aren't far off either.

- They already took the belt off of Christian. Let me tell you, there better be big plans for a Christian/Orton angle or there was no reason to have Christian drop it so early. Talk about being Kaned, eh?

- The SD roster looks the worst its ever been. Hardly any main eventers and Orton will likely run through everyone making them all jobbers.

As FRK and I already touched on, wrestling as a whole just flat out sucks right now. TNA is no longer an alternative to the E and will likely never be a threat to Vinnie Mac. Sad, sad times. :(
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Minister of Darkness wrote:So the E is probably in its worst shape ever now.

- There's now word that Taker may already be in retirement although he may work next year's Mania and retire 20-0. Kane, HHH and Show aren't far off either.
At least Jim Ross is back commentating again, albiet on a limited basis. Michelle McCool is leaving WWE so she can stay home with her husband, but I don't doubt that Taker will be back at next year's Mania for his final match with a proper send off.

Minister of Darkness wrote:- They already took the belt off of Christian. Let me tell you, there better be big plans for a Christian/Orton angle or there was no reason to have Christian drop it so early. Talk about being Kaned, eh?
The reason why Christian dropped the belt is that the top brass in WWE feel that he isn't capable of being the #1 guy on Smackdown. Also they want Orton to be the focus on Smackdown, much like Cena is on RAW. They say that Christian is a reliable worker, but not main event material. Granted Christian didn't have a big of a singles career as Edge but a lot of Christian's peeps are pissed that he dropped the belt so soon.

Minister of Darkness wrote:- The SD roster looks the worst its ever been. Hardly any main eventers and Orton will likely run through everyone making them all jobbers.
I thought after the draft a couple of weeks ago Smackdown got buffed but after taking a closer look, you're right. Randy Orton, Kane (since Kane and Big Show are tag champs, they appear on both shows but that could change on May 19th haha.), and Christian are the only names that stand out. Sheamus is a mid-carder at the moment, The Corre together are good but divided, nothing special. I have a feeling that Sin Cara will just be Rey's replacement when he retires. Booker T needs to step out of the booth and get back into the ring. I think Kevin Nash is still under contract. Diesel anyone?

Minister of Darkness wrote:As FRK and I already touched on, wrestling as a whole just flat out sucks right now. TNA is no longer an alternative to the E and will likely never be a threat to Vinnie Mac. Sad, sad times. :(
TNA shouldn't even exist, with the problems they have like putting on a 88 sec PPV main event. Inmates are running that asylum. As I told Dave, I can't explain why I got back into wrestling. The Rock making appearances and Austin on Tough Enough helps though.
adamDMK

I agree Dave, WWE (and pro wrestling as a whole) is in pretty bad shape. I bought WrestleMania 27 and I was actually disappointed that I shelled out money for it. No question, it was the worst WM in years. It seems that they were just building towards next years Mania with the Rock/Cena storyline... which is kind of a slap in the face to the fans who invested in 27. I guess Extreme Rules was a decent pay-per-view but I don't really care at this point. I'm sure I'll get next year's WM, but I just have no motivation to watch Raw or Smackdown ever.

And with a lot of the veteran superstars retiring or retiring soon (Edge, Taker, HHH, etc.) I'm not "emotionally attached" to any of these newer characters. I love CM Punk, but rumor has it that he may be on his way out too. Any truth to that? Losing Punk would be a huge blow.

On the flip side, I've really enjoyed Tough Enough. Maybe it's just because it's something "newer" from WWE, but I do watch that every week (albeit on my DVR).

MMA (UFC) is just so hot right now. The old saying is that professional wrestling fans just graduated to MMA. Regardless, the UFC in particular just really knows how to sell a PPV and implement their business plan. That's why they're so successful right now.
jinexak
New Fighter

This is such nice to see, in the WWE there are so many people you can see in it's battle ring, they all are good fighter, the aim of this game is beat your opponent other wise he will beat you.