Star Wars: Ep 7 and Beyond...

General discussion in the movie/TV industry goes on here.
Holy Grail

What are peoples thoughts on the new movies? Early days yet but from the little I've seen, it looks like they are returning to an old school method of having large-scale sets and costumes rather than making everything CG. #JarJarSUCKS :threaten:

Also looking forward to the spin-off movies, be great to see some indivdual tales told that can then tie into the wider universe.

I suspect that the "originals" of Ford, Fisher and Hamill will only exist in this first sequel as a way to 'farewell' them from the lore. And apparently Harrison was injured on set - I'm sure his massive paycheck will compensate...
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:
I suspect that the "originals" of Ford, Fisher and Hamill will only exist in this first sequel as a way to 'farewell' them from the lore. And apparently Harrison was injured on set - I'm sure his massive paycheck will compensate...

This. I only expected them to be in Episode VII from when it was first announced. However, I can see Hamill being in episodes VIII and IX as well if Luke isn't killed off in VII. I think there's more you can do with his character. But VII is probably the swansong for Fisher and Ford. Can't imagine with their health carrying on for another 6 years of Star Wars films.

I have always been a massive Star Wars fan, so I am pretty pumped about the new films. I honestly don't mind seeing what Disney and JJ Abrams can do with the franchise. After all it can't be any worse than the prequel trilogy right? Right?

It's kind of sad to see the newer generation of Star Wars fans so jaded. Sure - the prequel trilogy was pretty average. And sure the original trilogy might seem like a clusterfuck with all of the changes Lucas keeps making. But I think they kind of fail to realize how epic the first few films were in scope at the time. I see it as kind of being like, if you grew up with the prequel trilogy, you were told by the older Star Wars fans just how awesome Star Wars is. And you were sold the old trilogy by toys and the special edition DVDs. So they expected Star Wars to be this life changing thing, but then when the prequel trilogy came and went most fans just saw it as mediocre and convoluted sci-fi films. It's unfortunate, but Star Wars is a franchise in desperate need of a makeover.