Game of Thrones

General discussion in the movie/TV industry goes on here.
adamDMK

Any Game of Thrones fans on here?
Holy Grail

Pick me Pick me!

I assume you've seen the start of Season 3? How good! :)
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:
I assume you've seen the start of Season 3? How good! :)

Oh yeah! When they used to say this show was like nothing else on TV - I thought it was just marketing 101. But now I believe it, this show is really like nothing else on TV.

I really like the fact the Dany and Jon Snow will have more to do this season. Both of their storylines got a little dull last season - like they were just going through the motions to get to this season. And Ciarán Hinds as Mance Rayder is brilliant. Hinds is a stud.
adamDMK

Did anyone watch Season 3? Thoughts?
Holy Grail

YES - OH. MY. GOD.

I fell behind in my watching so when I saw the internet ablaze with "OMG GAME OF THRONES RED WEDDING RAWR!" threads I just about went offline to avoid spoilers. I'm caught up now but I suspect Season 3 will be remembered for a long time for the sheer brutality of it.

Heard an interesting quote about book readers vs tv watchers - Readers of the GOT novel have kept the secret for years. Suddenly TV audiences get involved and the spoilers are everywhere!

My only gripe was that after Red Wedding, the season finale just seemed, tame. I guess that's to be expected a little but I'm not chomping at the bit for Season 4 like I was for Season 3.
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:
My only gripe was that after Red Wedding, the season finale just seemed, tame. I guess that's to be expected a little but I'm not chomping at the bit for Season 4 like I was for Season 3.

Yeah - I expected that. It seems the big events always happen in episode 9 of the season with episode 10 just tying up loose ends.

But I'm really expecting every episode of season 4 to be epic! I can't wait.
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

I am definitely a fan of this show. One of my close friends got me into it. I have watched all of the first two seasons, and I've watched the first third or so of season 3. I look forward to the rest of it as well as the upcoming 4th season. Tyrion and Arya are two of my favorite characters.