Scott Pilgrim

General discussion in the movie/TV industry goes on here.
Holy Grail

Can I just say, how this movie did not get more love at the box-office, I will never understand.

This movie is more or less a biography of my life - yes I even dated at high-school girl when I was well beyond 25! :p

But arguably the most impressive part of it is that the genius director Edgar Wright is able to take the piss out of his OWN STYLE. The quick, sharp edits that he's now famous for. THAT takes vision and balls.

Me and my suitably geeky friends sat their naming all the games the background music was coming from, any and all gaming/pop culture references and having a down right blast through the whole adventure.

Scott Pilgrim, I take my hat off to you. *bows*
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I haven't seen the movie yet and quite frankly I wouldn't see it by myself. It would be much more fun to see with my geeky, anime-fanatic friend. Oh, I can't stand Michael Cera. He has that same dumb look on his face in every frickin' role he has from Juno to this movie. Despite that, the film will no doubt appeal to the geek in me. :]

KKW2 wrote:Oh, and I heard that the XBLA Scott Pilgrim game kicks total ass.
I agree with that. The game is an old school inspired 8-bit brawler like the NES Double Dragon games or the Streets of Rages games on Genesis. There are tons of references to classic games like Super Mario Bros 3. The only bad thing is that there is only local co-op, which is technically accurate since that's all we had back in those days. :]
Morder.7
Skilled Kombatant

Fun fact from a nerdy street fighter geek: The "KO" sound in the first fight was taken directly from Street Fighter Alpha 3. And he pulled off a parry from SF3. :o

Haha I love that movie.
Holy Grail

KKW2 wrote:[SIZE="7"]WUT[/size]

Bwahahaha! No need to lock up your daughters, that was a lifetime ago now and suffice to say it didn't last too long which in hindsight, is a good thing! :p

Apparently it didn't do too well at the box-office. I get the feeling as geek-culture becomes more and more prevelant, it's gonna be one of those movies that will gather a much larger following later on.
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net