Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

General discussion in the movie/TV industry goes on here.
adamDMK

I was hoping for a full length feature film as well, but I'll live with a web series. Anything to get MK back on our screens.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I keep reading from TMK (Total Mortal Kombat's webmaster) that after the web series, a feature film will follow but I haven't found any evidence to support those statements.
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

I personally look forward to the mini series. It'd be great if WB gave Kevin Tancharoen the support to make a full-length film. With the right amount of money and resources, he can add the mysticism and special powers like he wants.
waufreak89
Expert Warrior

What strikes me about Mortal Kombat Rebirth is how it nails the tone of the Mortal Kombat series. It goes to show that when adapting material, it is more important to get the essence of the material then it is to be 100% faithful to every aspect.

Rebirth takes gross liberties with the characters, but goes whole hog on the violence. The New Line Cinema films featured many characters that were (mostly) true to the game mythos, but they lacked the balls-to-the-walls violence. In the end, the Mortal Kombat series is defined chiefly by violence. Yes we love the characters, but ultra violence itself is a character in the Mortal Kombat universe. It is the trait which sets MK apart from other fighting games.

I think when the web series has gone through it's run; we will be able look back and say that Rebirth was more true to MK then the New Line films ever could have been.