Koda Kumi

Discuss the latest news and share your opinions on all types of music genres.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Oh shit are we behind on Koda!

ANYWAY! She released her album Kingdom in late January and WAS going to promote it, BUT she said something about women's vag fluid drying up and becoming rotten around age 35, so she was suspended for at least 2 months. And afterward, she went on tour because if she didn't, her label would lose too much money so they said "NO WAY WHORE! SHAKE YOUR ASS ON THAT STAGE!" and she did. Then after her tour, she released a single called "MOON" which featured Moon Crying, That Ain't Cool with Fergie and some two other shit songs. And she performed Moon Crying too much. But now soon, a new single is coming out called "TABOO" and it's about being a lesbian.

There we're catched up on Koda!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Yeah she was! Especially in that cargo outfit. Lick that shit up all the time! But yeah, can't wait for my copy to come soon!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

People need to chillax! SHE'S A HUMAN!!! LEAVE KODA ALONE!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE LEAVE KODA ALONE!!!

Anyway, she needs to release a full-on R&B, dance album. No ballads. I have no problems with ballads, but I think it'd be awesome!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

That Ain't Kuu was literally not Kuu! It was mostly Fergie singing that song, although I still liked it. Lady Go and Once Again were meh. No wonder they were b-sides. She needs more Under, Amai Wana type stuff

Oh and BUT! But TABOO is DEFINITELY BUT part two!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Hopefully, Koda has a solo version of it on her next album! Like she should have done with LAST ANGEL! That boy group killed it though. Shit made my ears bleed!
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

What has she been up to lately? I haven't been following the news, nor have I listened to any of her recent releases. She had a baby, right?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Well! Do you have A LOT to catch up on! So from what I've read, we left off with releasing her singles MOON and TABOO. So we have five studio albums, two cover albums and a butt load of singles to go through and catch up on.

The studio albums released were:
TRICK (Notable songs: TABOO, show girl, This is not a love song, Driving, Bling Bling Bling, That Ain't Cool, Moon Crying, Venus)

UNIVERSE/BEST ~third universe~ (Doubled as a best album, which included some singles from the Black Cherry, Kingdom and TRICK eras, as well as some non-album single and an original album. Notable songs: Step Into My World, Can We Go Back, You're so beautiful, Work It Out, No Way, Physical Thing, ECSTASY, UNIVERSE, It's all love w/ misono.)

Dejavu (Notable songs: POP DIVA, Lollipop, Passing By, AT THE WEEKEND, Hey Baby!) Out of all the albums released, this one has to be my least favorite. Too many ballads and cutesy songs. I really feel that the album is lackluster. I give this album a listen to every once in a good while, mainly for the Introduction which leads into POP DIVA and then Lollipop.

JAPONESQUE - This album, plus the one after this, are my favorites of her recent releases, (Notable songs: So Nice feat. Blistah, Boom Boom Boys, VIP feat. T-PAIN, Slow feat. Omarion, You are not alone (acoustic version), ESCALATE, Love Me Back, No Man's Land, Ai Wo Tomenaide, KO-SO-KO-SO, Lay Down, Love Technique, All for you) This album pretty much has ballads and a cutesy song that are tolerable and enjoyable hence why You are not alone, Ai wo Tomenaide and Love Technique are there.

Bon Voyage - Her most recent album released this year. Loved this album a lot! Glad I got a physical copy like I did with JAPONESQUE. (Notable songs include SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA, LOADED feat. Sean Paul, Winner Girls, Koishikute, LALALALALA, TOUCH DOWN, CRANK THA BASS, LOL, Go to the top, Dreaming Now!) Pretty much her most upbeat albums since Black Cherry, Kingdom and TRICK. I play the hell out of SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA, TOUCH DOWN, CRANK THA BASS and LOL. Some of the catchiest songs in the album!

The two cover albums
ETERNITY ~ Love & Songs~ - The only notable songs here are Megumi no Hito and BE MY BABY. Pretty much everything else are ballads and forgettable songs.

Color The Cover - The upbeat sequel to ETERNITY. Notable songs include Pink Spider, which I played so much and still do. It's the best song on the album and hope to see her perform it more in her concerts. Then there's Shake Hip!, Lovely, Jounetsu, Blue Velvet, Otoko and Dou ni mo Tomaranai. I really enjoyed the album. I find it much more appealing than ETERNITY.

Oh and she also put out 7 remix albums from the time this thread had died but I'm not gonna go through those, lol. They're pretty enjoyable if you're in the mood for remixes.

Non-album single songs which I enjoyed:
Outside Fishbowl (From her Gossip Candy single, which the main track was Lollipop)
walk ~to the future~ (From her Suki de, Suki de, Suki de. / Anata Dake ga single. Remake of her song from her first album)
Black Candy (POP DIVA single)
Say Her Name (Love Me Back single)
IS THIS TRAP? (From her Summer Trip single, where the main tracks were LALALALALA and TOUCH DOWN. Very upbeat and dance-y. Loved it! Wish it were included in Bon Voyage, though.)
XXX (From her Dreaming Now! single. LOVE this song! It's a shame it had to be a b-side and not included in the album but LOVE LOVE LOVE this song so much and everything about it. Just the way it starts "Who's the bad girl!?")

Also, she'll be releasing a new single come August, titled HOTEL and it contains three songs: HOTEL, MONEY IN THE BAG and TURN AROUND. No previews have leaked yet, but I'll keep an eye out.

Finally, she did have a baby, yes!!! I'm so happy for her! She had a boy though I'm not sure of his name right now. And I can't believe that was almost two years ago!!! Hot damn!

This girl pretty much sums it up for her Dreaming Now! single and XXX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFDzGqiT7_A

Koda also has some of her music videos up on JPOPSUKI TV:
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Koda-Kumi---LOL/3b47acc827e0894e74f423b0a4453b14 - LOL
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Koda-Kumi---SHOW-ME-YOUR-HOLLA/f9bd818e3fbef061375d6c954c0aa1b2 - SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Koda-Kumi---Dreaming-Now%2521/ab2ea4f600e966585696c0a0409afae3 - Dreaming Now!
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/Koda-Kumi---TOUCH-DOWN/81bb6836823cce89cb7a5d90ef2ab6bd - TOUCH DOWN
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

I definitely remember listening to TRICK, and a little bit of Dejavu (wasn't a fan of that one either), JAPONESQUE sounds familiar but I probably don't remember any of those songs with the exception of KO-soso or w/e. I remember you showing me the PV where she's rollin' around in bed with some chick yet she doesn't make out with her, wtf! I need to get my ears on Bon Voyage...I love my catchy Koda Kumi songs. IMA SUGU HOSHIIIIIIIIIIII
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

KKW3 wrote:I definitely remember listening to TRICK, and a little bit of Dejavu (wasn't a fan of that one either), JAPONESQUE sounds familiar but I probably don't remember any of those songs with the exception of KO-soso or w/e. I remember you showing me the PV where she's rollin' around in bed with some chick yet she doesn't make out with her, wtf! I need to get my ears on Bon Voyage...I love my catchy Koda Kumi songs. IMA SUGU HOSHIIIIIIIIIIII
Yeah, lol. I remember showing you the PV as well.

As for the HOTEl single, all three songs are good. Favorite is MONEY IN THE BAG! You know I've always been a fan of R&B Kuu and this is song is no exception!
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

How was her "Walk of My Life" album?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

KKW3 wrote:How was her "Walk of My Life" album?
That album was amazing! I loved it! I know it might be a little biased since I love Koda Kumi lol but the album was great, in my opinion!

Tracklist:
Introduction ~WALK OF MY LIFE~
Dance In The Rain
Lippy
Mercedes
Like It
House Party
Interlude ~Dance~
HOTEL
Gimme U
You can keep up with me
MONEY IN MY BAG
PIECE IN THE PUZZLE
Fake Tongue
Sometimes Dreams Come True
LIFE so GOOD!!
WALK OF MY LIFE

Then she came out with two new Best albums (what's new? lol), SUMMER of LOVE and WINTER of LOVE. SUMMER of LOVE was a summer single collection and had three new songs: EX TAPE, HURRICANE and NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU. All three songs are great, especially HURRICANE and NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU. NO ONE ELSE BUT YOU is kind of a smooth R&B song and HURRICANE is an in-your-face dance song which I love. WINTER of LOVE was a winter single collection and included two new songs: On and On and NO ME WITHOUT YOU. Personally, Koda's ballads are a hit or a miss with me and these two are misses, although I did enjoy NO ME WITHOUT YOU when she sang it live on one of her live DVDs. Also before all that (around 2014), she released a tour only mini-album called FEVER KODA KUMI LEGEND LIVE which included three new songs: SO FEVER (a sexy dance song that reminds me of Candy and Amai Wana), Kimi Omoi (ballad... meh lol), and NEVER GIVE IT UP (a song that's like Lick Me or Hashire... another meh to me lol). Recently, she released a special single, Shhh!, which reminds me of SHOW ME YOUR HOLLA so it's a good song. The other song included is Kimi Omoi (It's still meh, lol). She's currently on tour so she's busy doing that.
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

In-your-face dance songs ARE THE BEST :#1 :#1 :#1

So is Koda married now? She have any more kids?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Yeah she's been married since 2012, I think lol and had her child in 2012 as well. So far, just the one child though no pictures or even his/her name is known, at least not to me lol.