Ummmm Metal

Discuss the latest news and share your opinions on all types of music genres.
Godcow
Practicing Fighter

Slipknot was good I think during Their Self Titled CD and Iowa. I liked the Vol 3 cd, but when it got to that CD, I wanted something more hardcore.

Slipknot is a great band no doubt, but I listen to All Hope is Gone, and I feel ( in my opinion) , its going to suck. After I got the live cd, I kinda stop listening to them. Got in more heavier stuff ( In my opinion ) and got rid of the live cd and vol 3 cd. I think Slayer is the best and will be the best forever with Testament.

Slipknot is more main stream while Slayer is underground trash/speed metal. Even In Flames beats Slipknot. Plus I kinda getting tired of the "Maggot" scene.
deathrider
Expert Warrior

Godcow wrote:I liked the Vol 3 cd, but when it got to that CD, I wanted something more hardcore.

Amen to that line, dude.

Being mainstream has fuck all to do with wether or not a band is good, and Slayer are far from being underground. Some mainstream metal is shit, but some underground metal is just as bad. Wether or not they are mainstream just means that thier CDs sell more copies, thier shows are larger and thier wallets are fatter.
If we don't make it alive....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
....It's a hell of a good day to die!!
[font="Impact"] [color="Black"] BLACK COCK LOVER[/color][/font]
TrasH
Novice Fighter

i havnt been here for a while since our internet is fucked up so i apoligize for my late reply but who cares on to the topic, another slipknot album is great i began listening to them thanks to my brother and i hope the release wont be so much later here like almost everything else (or at lease it feels like that) and hopefully they will go on tour soon after their album release so me and my friend can go and see them , but i dont think they will come to sweden that soon after their release (still waiting for clawfingers life will kill you tour, but last time i checked i couldnt find any dates for sweden and they are swedish)

best metal albums

Protest the hero - kezia

Protest the hero - fortress

clawfinger - life will kill you

clawfinger - hate yourself with style

avenged sevenfold - avenged sevenfold

Avenged sevenfold - city of evil

american head charge - the feeding (to bad ottoson died)
Ahh! The losers are trying to kill me how cute!
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

YEAH! Cant wait for Death Magnetic dudes! Things are starting to sound pretty fucken sweet with Rob and no bob rock! And wow there will be an unforgiven 3! \m/

Thrash till death
"Seeeeeeeeeearch and! Seek and Destroy!" http://columbine.myminicity.com
TrasH
Novice Fighter

anyone else than me that have heard slipknot latest single psychosocial I think its awsome, much better than all hope is gone, but that was also ok
Dranzer
Skilled Kombatant

All my friends are hooked on psychosocial and i am sorta liking it to. At the moment though im very into MetallicA awaiting Death Magnetic so after im done being excited with that i will give it another try. I was never a big Slipknot fan though
"Seeeeeeeeeearch and! Seek and Destroy!" http://columbine.myminicity.com
deathrider
Expert Warrior

Wow, it's nice to see that this thread has been resserrected. I thought that it had bit the dust a few weeks ago for sure. But just like metal itself, this thread refuses to be denied. Fucking A!!

I'm really looking forward to the new Knot album, coz I've been a fan siince the beginning (ok, not the very begining, more when the self titled album dropped first). The new album will definately be one of those CDs that I'll get outta bed at 9am to rush to the local music store for.

As for the new Tallica, I'll take it or leave it at the moment. I'm not too hyped on the idea, but I'll still pick it up and bring it for a test drive. No doubt that all the haters will jump back onto the Tallica band wagon if the new album is proper metal (like they claim it will be), and the last 15 years of their career will be forgiven without a second thought :rolleyes:

Meanwhile... Rumour has it that Slayer are only making one more album, touring off that album and then retiring. If this is true that it will be a very sad sight to see :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
▲▲▲™
Skilled Kombatant

I say give the new Metallica a chance. Watch this video @ 1:18, sounds very metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ9TTAIDyQE
deathrider
Expert Warrior

Yeah, it dosn't sound too bad, dude. Though there isn't too much on that video to judge by.

Don't get me wrong here, guys. I'll bitch and moan like a little motherfucker about Metallica, but I know damn well that I'm still going to end up buying the new album when it's released. I have my fingers crossed and I'm hoping that it'll be a quality CD, but I wouldn't bet my left testicle on it just in case.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
deathrider
Expert Warrior

My bass player downloaded the new Slipknot album and, goddamn, it's some savage fucking shit.
Get your hands on it as soon as possible, guys, because it's fucking killer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TrasH
Novice Fighter

I will get it as soon as possible, I´m also hoping that a band called Voltera releases their first album soon, if anyone else has heard of them.

For you that´s never heard of them they´re a aurtralian rock/industrial metal band, and thats pretty much everything i know
deathrider
Expert Warrior

TrasH wrote:I will get it as soon as possible, I´m also hoping that a band called Voltera releases their first album soon, if anyone else has heard of them.

For you that´s never heard of them they´re a aurtralian rock/industrial metal band, and thats pretty much everything i know

Tell me more!! Are they Fear Factory type industrial?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mr.Happy
Intermediate Warrior

There is this one band that I am listening to right now. They are called "Warbringer". Has anyone heard of them?
Im back.
deathrider
Expert Warrior

Mr.Happy wrote:There is this one band that I am listening to right now. They are called "Warbringer". Has anyone heard of them?

No, dude, I havn't. What kinda shit do they kick out?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
▲▲▲™
Skilled Kombatant

I love Warbringer

They're a thrash metal band, deathrider.
Mr.Happy
Intermediate Warrior

Here is a song by them called "Total War".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAPWyQpuL5Q
Im back.
TrasH
Novice Fighter

deathrider wrote:
TrasH wrote:I will get it as soon as possible, I´m also hoping that a band called Voltera releases their first album soon, if anyone else has heard of them.

Tell me more!! Are they Fear Factory type industrial?

I have only heard one somg of fear factory so I don´t know, and I have only heard 3 song by voltera but this is the song I listen to most, and sorry for the late reply, my internet doesn´t want to work sometimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNxaEnZPqY

the song is called do whar your daddy say, and some of you might recognise it prom project 8
Spleeneater
True Kombatant

Anyone like Dio? It's more like power metal, it's not particularly dark, but Ronnie has the best singing voice I've ever heard.
If I see you video taping this movie, Satan will rain down your throat with hot acid and dissolve your testicles and turn your guts into snakes!
~Mastadon, "Cut your up with a Linoleum Knife"
Camerata 81
Expert Warrior

In my "search" I've discovered 4 new metal bands that I enjoy listening to:
  1. Seraphim
  2. After Forever (until now I've listened only one of their albums and it liked to me)
  3. Nemesea
  4. The Love Crave

Anyone have never heard of them? What do you think about?

Spleeneater wrote:Anyone like Dio? It's more like power metal, it's not particularly dark, but Ronnie has the best singing voice I've ever heard.

Do you have a link where I (we) can listen a song? Power Metal, not dark and good voice make me curious.
[CENTER]
Italians do it better
[/CENTER]
Hamato Yoshi
New Fighter

I like some old school death metal and some new like...Metalcore and Deathcore.

Top 5 Favorites are:
1.As Blood Runs Black
2.Depised Icon
3.Parkway Drive
4.Arsonists Get All The Girls
5.Cannibal Corpse
deathrider
Expert Warrior

Ok then, folks, it's been out a few days now and it hasn't been mentioned yet, so here goes:
What do y'all think of the new Tallica album?

I've got to say that I'm pleasently surprised because there is some fortifying metal happening on that CD. It's quite heavy and it gets pretty damn fast in some spots. It's nice to see that the boys have a little bit of life left in them, and that they have started writing instrumantal tacks again too. I'm not too sure about the hit singles from it, though, they sound a little dodgey. Cyninide seems a lot more messy than it needs to be, and The Day That Never Comes sounds more like The Song That Never Ends, lol. Also the drums seem waaaay too loud (which, I guess, reflects Ulrichs ever growing ego). Apart from that, it's damn good and really raises the bar of modern Metallica, especially considering all the half-ass rock that they have been kicking out for the last 15 years or so.

What do you guys reckon??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
▲▲▲™
Skilled Kombatant

I've been saying it for awhile that Metallica was coming back by watching Mission Metallica.

That Was Just Your Life, and Judas Kiss are my favorites.

Cyanide doesn't have any flow

All Nightmare Long started as a St Anger leftover and look how awesome it turned out.

Unforgiven III is actually a good song.

The solo on Broken, Beat, Scared is Hammett's best solo on DM.
deathrider
Expert Warrior

It's definately an impressive album, and it's probably the best thing they have done since the 80's. Mind you, if everybody in the entire world chuckled so hard at your last album that they almost drowned in tears of laughter, you'd put your head down and begin retinking your career too. Thankfully Tallica decided to begin writing good tunes again instead of going "Laugh at St. Anger will they? Well, we'll just write an even worse album and still manage to sell millions of copies. We'll see who's fucking laughing then!! Mwuhahahaha!!"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TrasH
Novice Fighter

Today I finally got my copy of All Hope Is Gone, so far it sound great, but im only on the second song so far, but its still awsome
deathrider
Expert Warrior

TrasH wrote:Today I finally got my copy of All Hope Is Gone, so far it sound great, but im only on the second song so far, but its still awsome

Get yourself a good ear-full of that shit, TrasH, because it doesn't take very long to become completely addicted to that CD. What an amazing fucking album.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]