What are you Currently Playing?

Mortal Kombat isn't the only game out there. Discussion from games to consoles are welcomed here.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I couldn't agree more with you! It is also my favorite right along with Final Fantasy X/X-2 at second(don't judge me! I love the intros to both, but something about catchy pop music gets to me... maybe it's my gay side, lol). I still have to beat XII. I forgot which part I'm on but I know it's around when Fran goes into a berserker rage on the airship.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Its been a long time since I've played X, which is why I plan on buying the HD version when it comes out. I got pretty far in X-2 but it just felt different. The intro music for X-2 is pretty awesome though. I never got far enough but I'm pretty sure that the vocal version is probably somewhere in there though.

Final Fantasy XII reminds me a lot of another Square Enix title (known as Squaresoft then) called Vagrant Story. That game also had real time enemies on the screen, instead of random encounters. I don't get the hate on this game. Gambits are totally optional and they are helpful for grinding. I love to grind in RPGs but sometimes it gets tiring. I'll admit the summons are kinda weak, especially compared to ones in FFVIII and FFX. The characters are pretty cool too. If you like Star Wars, then you'll probably like the story of this game too.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Ever since I've completed 100% of Batman: Arkham Asylum in mid June, I've been playing Arkham City pretty much exclusively. The game has so much content packed into it that a month and a half later, I'm still not close to completing this 100%. The "Game of the Year" content just adds more and eats more of my free time. Arkham City is the best game I've played this console generation and ranks as one of my favorite games of all time.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

After not playing any PS3 games for about 4 months due to controller issues, I just started playing MK again. It didn't take me long to get the feel back for delicate combos of my mains fortunately.

I'm currently having a blast playing as Shang Tsung. When I first tried him out (some time last year) I really couldn't get anything going. This time however I'm doing much better. I've been mostly playing the arcade ladder on expert, just to get in the groove with his stuff. I did try him out online already and I had medium success. It's hard to time his standing 1 for anti-air purposes online plus I lack match-up experience vs human opponents, so my confidence isn't too high. Still, I'm enjoying and will be playing as good ol' Shang on a regular basis now. I also need to check his frame data, that always helps.

:-)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis the last couple of days. I think I only beat this game once back in the day. I'm familiar with some parts of the game because but its pretty much a blur. RE3's controls are much better from the previous two games in that you can do a quick 180 degree turn and dodge attacks. The music isn't good as RE2's soundtrack but there are some chilling moments.

Having a monster that is constantly after you really adds tension to this game that the first two lack. The "B" scenario in RE2 had a similar concept but Nemesis is faster, stronger, more intimidating, and on top of that sometimes he's packing a rocket launcher. :dizzy:

There are too many little improvements to list like branching paths give more replay value. Playing the old RE games has me wondering what happened to this franchise? Resident Evil 4 was a drastic change in gameplay and even in genre. RE4 is more intense action than survival horror but the game's setting is pretty dark and the credits show how hark working people in a peaceful town turn into a bunch of savages due to the parasite. Creepy stuff.

The newer games tend to focus more on action and the settings make it feeling like a hollywood movie rather than trying to escape from a nightmare.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I've been playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis the last couple of days. I think I only beat this game once back in the day. I'm familiar with some parts of the game because but its pretty much a blur. RE3's controls are much better from the previous two games in that you can do a quick 180 degree turn and dodge attacks. The music isn't good as RE2's soundtrack but there are some chilling moments.

Having a monster that is constantly after you really adds tension to this game that the first two lack. The "B" scenario in RE2 had a similar concept but Nemesis is faster, stronger, more intimidating, and on top of that sometimes he's packing a rocket launcher. :dizzy:

There are too many little improvements to list like branching paths give more replay value. Playing the old RE games has me wondering what happened to this franchise? Resident Evil 4 was a drastic change in gameplay and even in genre. RE4 is more intense action than survival horror but the game's setting is pretty dark and the credits show how hark working people in a peaceful town turn into a bunch of savages due to the parasite. Creepy stuff.

The newer games tend to focus more on action and the settings make it feeling like a hollywood movie rather than trying to escape from a nightmare.

I'm with you on the newer ones, RE6 feels more action like than horror.
adamDMK

I haven't played a Resident Evil since I believe... Nemesis? Survival Horror has never really been my gaming genre. With that being said, has anyone ever heard of (or played) Day Z? It's a mod of Arma 2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_Z

From what I've seen, it's unlike any other survival horror game out there. You literally have to survive like you would in the real zombie apocalypse. You can't run and gun like in RE otherwise you'd draw too much attention on yourself, and you have to watch out for other players as they'll kill you just to get your supplies. So it looks really tempting to try.

I got my copy of Assassins Creed III from Amazon on Friday and looking forward to some free time to play it more. With that, Madden, Fifa, and trying to finish up Max Payne 3 and AC: Revelations I have plenty to play to keep me occupied through the new year.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Im Playing AC3 now, its fun, but glitchy. and theres one part in chapter 8 that made me rage quit last night lol
adamDMK

thunderbolt3022 wrote:Im Playing AC3 now, its fun, but glitchy. and theres one part in chapter 8 that made me rage quit last night lol

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to that. Does anyone play Madden online (on PS3)?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Three trophies away from getting Platinum in Resident Evil 6. Love the game and the new gameplay mechanics added, such as moving and shooting, among others. The story is a bit bizarre, but then again, all the Resident Evil stories have been bizarre lol. Love the new characters as well as the returning ones, but I think it's due time for Claire to be included in one of the main games.

Other than that, still on my quest to Platinum Warriors Orochi 3, Uncharted 2 and 3 too.
Ali Mohsin
Skilled Kombatant

playing DK on snes .buying 360 next week
HS15F
Novice Fighter

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD on the Xboc 360. Currently playing as Chris and only using the knife except on the bosses since ammo is bitch to find in the game.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Playing Dead Space 3, really enjoying it so far.
MKRAYDEN
Intermediate Warrior

devil may cry 5
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Hooked up the GameCube in my room, so I have been playing through a new game of Pac-Man World 2. Good loard, I keep forgetting how awesome (yet frustrating) this gem is. (I'm better at the PS2 version, though)

And on the Wii in another room of my house, I have been getting back into playing Monster Hunter Tri, since the servers are gonna be shut down in late April... I love kicking ass with my trusty Great Sword collection.
Mario Kart 8 | VR: 7000+
Main: Luigi; W25 Silver Arrow + GLA Tires + Cloud Glider
adamDMK

Finally found the time to finish Assassins Creed III this weekend. Definitely had some flaws, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Now onto finally finishing up Max Payne 3 and starting Black Ops 2.

Oy Vey... so many games, so little time.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Before Halloween last year I left Arkham City at 99% and I plan to get that last percent someday. I just have to get the last Predator Campaign done. To get the platinum trophy I have to talk to Calender Man on a specific day each month like Sunday which is St. Patrick's Day. I planned on playing the holidays from last year but I always forgot. :]

Then I still have all the DLC content for Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing. Plus Harley Quinn's Revenge. :dizzy:
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:Finally found the time to finish Assassins Creed III this weekend. Definitely had some flaws, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Now onto finally finishing up Max Payne 3 and starting Black Ops 2.

Oy Vey... so many games, so little time.

What you think of that DLC for AC 3? going to try it or pass?
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Playing Lunar Legend on my GBA. Holy crap, this game is good. Grinding like a madwoman trying to level up everyone well D: Oh well, the story is amazing
Dave Rosteck

Well if it counts, the last game I played was Silent Hill on the PSX a few weeks back for the first time since it came out. Lemme tell you, it has reminded me to never forget maps in that game. :\
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
adamDMK

I really enjoyed the first Silent Hill - can't say the same about the rest though.

I finally got around to beating Assassins Creed III - now onto wrapping up Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:I really enjoyed the first Silent Hill - can't say the same about the rest though.

I finally got around to beating Assassins Creed III - now onto wrapping up Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2.

What ya think of ACIII overall?

I just finished the new god of war game, and just started playing around with far cry 3 some.
adamDMK

thunderbolt3022 wrote:What ya think of ACIII overall?

I really enjoyed it. To me, the storyline left a lasting impression on me as much as AC 2 did. Gameplay was a little glitchy at times and some things felt redundant, but it was fun overall. I would have liked to take in the cities a little more though - I felt with 2 and Brotherhood you were immersed in the environment. Here you just used it to get from one place to the next.
Holy Grail

New Tomb Raider for me - it's like Uncharted but with a hot British girl - what's not to love? :p And sooooo many collectibles... :o
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Playing some Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Beating the crap outta monsters for upgrades for my Great Swords, Hammers, and Long Swords. :)