What are you Currently Playing?

Mortal Kombat isn't the only game out there. Discussion from games to consoles are welcomed here.
Gud
Practicing Fighter

I've been playing Skyrim, Halo Reach, Gears 3, Combat Evolved Anniversary, Mortal Kombat (2011) and the Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning demo.
[CENTER]

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand. That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patri. Et Fili. Spiritus Sancti.
[/CENTER]
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I was playing Madden 11 to get some trophies. I gave up on the series a long time ago since 2K Sports were kicking EA's ass with ESPN NFL 2K5 and EA went with the biggest b*tch move ever by getting the NFL rights thus eliminating any real competition. EA really has no reason to really try and make a good football game when the only alternative is a bunch of non licensed generic crap.

Still playing Resident Evil 5. Unlocked Professional Mode and I'm stuck at the El Gigante boss fight (He has a different name in this one, originally a sub boss in RE4). The AI is too dumb to be any real help and playing online with a random and beating him doesn't count, so yeah. I've noticed online that the Xbox 360 version is easier when it comes to the action button sequences as you only have to press 1 button while on PS3 you have to press two together. The timing is also ridiculous as you have to guess the combination before it actually shows up on screen.

Picked up Mortal Kombat again and crushed some Freddy Krueger spammer with Baraka by only using three movies (the projectile, the blade lunge attack, and the spinning blades as an anti-air lol). Too bad for him since Baraka must be a huge Johnny Depp fan. :]
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

I got Rayman Origins for my B-day so I started playing that the other day, love the design and the audio effects. I'm making a slow progress.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
adamDMK

I've been beyond busy these past couple months, so when I do have a moment I usually just play a quick game of Fifa '12 or some other casual sports title. However, I did manage to beat the whole 6 hours of the Modern Warfare 3 campaign a few weeks ago. I need to sit down one weekend and knock out Assassins Creed Revelations as its just been collecting dust for months now.

Has anyone played The Old Republic yet? It looks tempting...
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Im playing the new Silent Hill downpour, fun so far.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:Has anyone played The Old Republic yet? It looks tempting...
No. I'm just not into MMOs and PC gaming in general. I've drifted from Star Wars as well, Lucas keeps outdoing himself by screwing up Darth Vader. Most recently in the new Blu-ray set.

I've started my first run at Batman: Arkham Asylum. I like that the story is written by Paul Dini who worked on the acclaimed animated series from the 90's. A handful of voice actors from the DC animated universe lend their talent to the game which is not only great but nostalgic as well.

I bought the MK: Arcade Kollection today and tried some of the online. The matches feel pretty smooth unlike the original PS3 release of MKII.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

I completed Rayman Origins (PS3) today, 100%. Also, won my first ever platinum trophy, yay!
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Im playing the new silent hill downpour, plus I have the silent hill HD collection as well as Resident evil raccoon city games ive got to get to lol..go three new games in one week lol
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've put Batman: Arkham Asylum on hold for the moment for Medal of Honor: Frontline on PS3. The remastered version is a bit easier thanks to the addition of iron sights when using "MoHdern" controls but the game is still hard towards the end. The game has no checkpoints or health regeneration, making the last levels difficult even on Easy.

I've been playing Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection with reversemarin and got all the trophies the other day. I don't know if that 200 win trophy is glitched but I felt I got it pretty fast.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I've been playing Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection with reversemarin and got all the trophies for the other day. I don't know if that 200 win trophy is glitched but I felt I got it pretty fast.

I got it the other day too, I was surprised. I think it counts arcade wins as well. I'm only missing the double flawless against the AI to get the platinum trophy. Now that I got my Rayman origins platinum trophy I'm so hyped to get another one lol.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

MKAK doesn't have a platinum trophy because its an arcade game. The Xbox Live version only has a maximum of 200 points, a normal game has a 1000 points limit (not including DLC achievements).
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

Oh wow, I wasn't even aware of that. I did notice that it doesn't have many trophies overall. Btw, doesn't Sonya have some kind of infinite in MKI? I'd like to use it to get the final trophy lol, playing against classic AI is not much fun.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

reversemarin wrote:Oh wow, I wasn't even aware of that. I did notice that it doesn't have many trophies overall. Btw, doesn't Sonya have some kind of infinite in MKI? I'd like to use it to get the final trophy lol, playing against classic AI is not much fun.
I've heard of the Sonya MK1 infinite but honestly I don't play her at all. She's the best character in the game in terms of the tiers.

You can easily get a Double Flawless on your first fight in either Mortal Kombat or Mortal Kombat II. In MK1 just jump back and forth with jump kicks and watch out for a possible projectile counter, although rare on the first fight. In MKII just uppercut the enemy over and over. Works 9 times out of 10.

UMK3 Jade AI is the worst. Throw a projectile and she'll run and active her invincibility special and then nail you with a combo. :gtfo:
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

frkonalsh2003 wrote:UMK3 Jade AI is the worst. Throw a projectile and she'll run and active her invincibility special and then nail you with a combo. :gtfo:

LMAO, I hate her too! :mad:
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

reversemarin wrote:LMAO, I hate her too! :mad:

Id scream when I get her in the ladder, takes me forever to beak her because of that lol
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance from the HD Collection. Is this the version of MGS2 where I finally get all the dog tags and finish all the VR Missions/Alternative Missions?

The best part of the collection is Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence running 60fps and I've never played Peace Walker, until now.

At this rate I'll never finish Batman: Arkham Asylum but Arkham City GOTY will be out by the end of the month.
HS15F
Novice Fighter

Just got both Resident Evil: Revelations for the 3DS and Pokemon White version. I only finished Episode 1 of Resident Evil: Revelations so far due to me being busy playing Pokemon White.
adamDMK

frkonalsh2003 wrote:
At this rate I'll never finish Batman: Arkham Asylum but Arkham City GOTY will be out by the end of the month.

Hah - I hear ya. I bought Skyrim about a month back and between that and Assassins Creed Revelations I probably won't ever play either of these enough to beat them. Ah well.

Anybody planning on getting Max Payne 3?
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:Anybody planning on getting Max Payne 3?
I haven't payed any attention to Max Payne 3 to be honest, but I played the first one a while back. I liked the way the cutscenes were done by telling the story through a comic book. I wonder if Max can still activate bullet time? But that's been beaten to death, much like WWII FPS.
Fox
Master Kombatant

Diablo 3 ^^

Wonderfull game, I'm definately addicted again!
Ali Mohsin
Skilled Kombatant

iam playing God of war ghost of sparta n street fighter vs tekken
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Ali Mohsin wrote:iam playing God of war ghost of sparta n street fighter vs tekken

What you think of street fighter vs tekken? I want to try it but still kinda holding out
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

After months of delays, I've finally finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. Great game and it was a long time coming for the Dark Knight as the last set of great Batman games were played on NES/SNES.

Great combat and stealth mechanics that really make you feel as if you are Batman. Tons of references from the Batman universe, Rocksteady really did their homework.

Some stuff that could have been better...

[SPOILER]The bosses were a little easy and you only got to fight three. Bane, Poison Ivy, and The Joker.

It doesn't seem like if The Riddler is on the island, so it makes sense as to why you don't fight him but Scarecrow was a missed opportunity. There are three set pieces were Batman feels the effects of Scarecrow's fear gas and it's a shame it doesn't end in a boss fight.

I guess they wanted to save the best boss fights for Arkham City[/SPOILER]
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Playing Final Fantasy VIII again, lol. I can never get sick of the game. On the fourth disc and just finished beating Omega Weapon. Going to beat the game again soon. Also going to play some of the newer challenges on Prototype 2 and as well as the battles in the Coliseum in Final Fantasy XIII-2
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

SonyaLover wrote:Playing Final Fantasy VIII again, lol. I can never get sick of the game. On the fourth disc and just finished beating Omega Weapon. Going to beat the game again soon. Also going to play some of the newer challenges on Prototype 2 and as well as the battles in the Coliseum in Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite of the series, with Final Fantasy XII coming in at second.

I remember my first playthough of FFVIII. The characters, music, battle system, and story are the best in the series imo. The final battle with Ultimecia took me over an hour to complete. Once I got the Lionheart and all the powerful spells, the battle is pretty easy.

One thing I like about this game is that the enemies get harder when you level up. I always wondered how hard Diablo would be at LV 100. He's also one of the strongest GFs, not only for junctioning but once you raise his level to 100 he can instant kill enemies.

Closing in on the Platinum for Batman: Arkham Asylum. The challenge maps are going to be tough. I bought Arkham City GOTY on Tuesday and I like that Warner Bros gives additonal content outside of the game. Mortal Kombat: KE came with the first MK film and Arkham City GOTY came with Batman: Year One. I had big expectations for Year One since it was the basis for Batman Begins but this film was rather short. The extras that came with the movie showing Batman's comic history seem more entertaining.