What are you Currently Playing?

Mortal Kombat isn't the only game out there. Discussion from games to consoles are welcomed here.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I've been playing Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within and to be honest, I don't have the slightest idea of what the hell is going o_O. I'm trying to pay attention but I just wane off and turn back to the computer each time there's a cutscene and the whole back and forth thing between past and present is kind of meh. But, I'm still going to finish it and then I'll buy the third game after.
JackDaniels
Practicing Fighter

I only have one game for my PS3, and I'm done playing that game, so I went back full time to this mmorpg I've been playing for the past 2 years. I can't wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out too, graphics look insane, and theirs plenty of chars n professions to pick from.
But ofcourse I can't wait for MK9 to be released, I'm gonna be playing that till my hands get arthritis.
insert here
JaL
Skilled Kombatant

[color="Teal"]Been playing Hard Corps: Uprising.

And I keep on dying...WTF?? :cry [/color]
[CENTER]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
steam: [color="#008080"]jandrew [jandrewcepticon][/color]
psn: [color="#008080"]jandrewcepticon[/color]
[/CENTER]
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

Mortal Kombat on PS3, obviously. But before that, I was playing No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle, which seems to be an underrated game.
adamDMK

It's all about Mortal Kombat now! I just beat Assassins Creed: Brotherhood last weekend (started it in November - that goes to show how much I play video games these days) and I've been casually playing Fifa 11, MLB 11 The Show, and NBA 2K11. But I've put those all away to make room for MORTAL f'n KOMBAT.
JackDaniels
Practicing Fighter

I'm not playing anything, I'm sitting here waiting for the mailman, God dammnit where is he?! He choses today to come in late :/
insert here
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Mortal Kombat. I've finished most of the single player trophies except for "My Kung Fu is Strong/My Kung Fu is Stronger". I'll probably get the first one with Sub-Zero since he's my main. I'll probably never get "Stronger" lol.

I've been playing ranked matches more lately, really weird match making since I keep getting 400+ win to 1000+ win players and I only have 30 wins lol. Granted I've beaten some of them but some are too good for me to beat to get 10 straight ranked wins. :]

I guess it has to do with win ratio as well.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

I'm also playing MK. I too am going for that 10 ranked wins in a row trophy. I was on a 7 wins in a row streak when I lost to a guy after winning the first round flawlessly. To make the pain greater, 5 mins later we were matched-up again and I won.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I've been playing MK and hells to the no am I going for the those trophy. Some people have some crazy ass combos and I'm like D=. I am trying to get the "My Kung-Fu Is Strong" trophy and right now, Kitana is my main woman lol. I just have to play with her from 14 more hours!! xD

Besides MK, I've been playing Streets of Rage 2 online with other people, as well as the classic X-Men arcade game lol. Also downloaded Medieval (PS One Classic), and have to beat that too. Also have to get Infamous 2 as well and play that.
skellington
True Kombatant

I have been playing all the Assassin's Creed games again. I don't know about you guys, but I love that series and I can't wait for Revelations to come out!
adamDMK

skellington wrote:I have been playing all the Assassin's Creed games again. I don't know about you guys, but I love that series and I can't wait for Revelations to come out!

Hell... Yes! Assassin's Creed is definitely my favorite new video game franchise. AC2 was amazing and AC:Brotherhood's multiple player was brilliant. I'm super pumped for Revelations... even more so than Modern Warfare 3.

I just beat L.A. Noire the other night. It was a very linear game but the story sucked me in and I couldn't put the controller down. The visuals were amazing and the acting was pretty good. Good game overall... but not as good as last year's summer blockbuster: Red Dead Redemption.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I started playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune since I never really played it and it's really good. Beat it on Normal mode, now working on Hard Mode, and then afterward, Crushing! Trying to get all the trophies for the game and then I'll move on to Uncharted 2.

Still waiting to play Infamous 2, but it says I don't have enough space on the hard drive =/
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Ive been grabbing some trophies still for MK, but aside from that Ive been playing some older ps1 games. yea, old school lol
HS15F
Novice Fighter

The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest 3D. I already beat the main quest, so i'm now playing the harder quest.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been trying to squeeze in Infamous when I can but the save system is annoying. The game will not save at the checkpoint so I have to start at the beginning of the level to get back to the spot when I quit playing. Other than that quirk the game is interesting so far.

Finally mastered Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat and got a trophy. Also got "There can only be one" and "You will learn respect". My Sub-Zero has gotten so much better that I beat the game on expert without using continues effortlessly. To think I wasted so much time and patience using Scorpion & Sheeva's throw glitch in tag mode. :dizzy:

Depends on the AI. Come characters are cheap on expert like Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and Smoke while others like Kratos you don't really see a difference. Some characters are so easy to bait like Kitana. If you put a ice clone in the air she will wave punch right into it without fail.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Currently playing Dynasty Warriors 7, close to getting all the trophies in the game. Also have to finish Infamous 2 as well. I also downloaded Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 4 in HD so I have to beat those as well, but the controls for CVX are confusing as shit! And RE 4 has this awkward camera angle, but so far, they look great in HD.

Another game I have to finish is Price of Persia: Warrior Within HD and I'm right at the end too lol.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo/HDR and really got back into it. Not to mention Super Turbo has been revived at major tournaments which is nice to see. The longest running and best competitive fighter is back and here to stay.

I just picked up Gran Turismo 5 and considering how long Prologue took for the install I'd give GT5 a minimal 30 minutes before I get to play.

I've been playing LittleBigPlanet and I just hate the fact that the game is a platformer but it forces you to use the analog sticks. Didn't anybody on that development team own a NES? The game would be so much better if you could use the d-pad.

I've been pretty excited for the Resident Evil updates but they are $20 each. I've played Resident Evil 4 and beat that game in every way possible but I haven't touched Code Veronica since I finished it way back on the Dreamcast. Hopefully the prices goes down sometime or better yet, Japan got the two games on disc, sucks we only got digital.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

I played GT5 earlier this year, completed 75% and then hit a brick wall and gave up lol. I was short with money and basically what I would have to do is go back and play races that I already won to earn extra money, but I didn't have the will to do it. MK2011 release didn't help that cause either lol...
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I bought Batman: Arkham Asylum and Resident Evil 5 for PS3. I also bought Hitman: Blood Money for X360. I finally caved on that on since Hitman: Absolution was finally announced at this year's E3. I could have gotten it for PS2 but never did.

I traded in my "Falcon" Xbox 360 for a slim one. The value for my old one was higher than I thought so that was really nice.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

Yesterday I started playing Carmageddon (PC) again. The game is from 1997 but the beauty is that you can edit the game data and customize pretty much every aspect of the game, hence the game's replay value is INFINITE! I did some editing yesterday and started a new game for the millionth time probably lol.

I was without internet access since last Monday, but just before my internet went down I accidentally discovered that work has started on Carmageddon remake, OMG! Two opponents have already been revealed and those two are actually two out of three fave opponents of mine (Screwie Lewie and Val Hella), I couldn't believe it. I preferred their original design though, but the new ones aren't bad either. I'm so excited, yay! Hopefully it delivers like MK and, of course, hopefully it comes out on PC with all the data editing possibilities!

Now that my internet is back up, I'll go back to MK as well. I still love the game, working on my Stryker and Sonya, getting better with them.
Morder.7
Skilled Kombatant

I got Yakuza 4 the other day. Playing that now. These Yakuza games are so awesome.
adamDMK

I bought CoD: Modern Warfare 3 and Assassins Creed: Revelations in early November but have yet to really play them (I've been still playing Madden '12 and Fifa '12 instead). I'm thinking when I have some time off around the holidays I'll get a chance to play MW3 and AC:R a bit more. We'll see :)
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:I bought CoD: Modern Warfare 3 and Assassins Creed: Revelations in early November but have yet to really play them (I've been still playing Madden '12 and Fifa '12 instead). I'm thinking when I have some time off around the holidays I'll get a chance to play MW3 and AC:R a bit more. We'll see :)

Assassins creed is good, I just finished it myself. its worth it.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 and so far it hasn't been able to top Resident Evil 4. Granted Resident Evil 4 was a revolutionary game and caught a lot of people off guard because it threw away the fixed camera angles and the tank controls of past RE games.

So far I do like that you can store weapons, ammo, and items unlike in RE4 where you can only use what you can carry. However the Merchant does not appear in RE5. What's up with that Stranger?

The partner AI in RE5 is rather lackluster as she wastes a lot of ammo and considering you spend a lot of time together I assume, Capcom could have done a better job with that. I only imagine what it would be like playing on the harder difficulty settings. :dizzy:
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I've been playing Resident Evil 5 and so far it hasn't been able to top Resident Evil 4. Granted Resident Evil 4 was a revolutionary game and caught a lot of people off guard because it threw away the fixed camera angles and the tank controls of past RE games.

So far I do like that you can store weapons, ammo, and items unlike in RE4 where you can only use what you can carry. However the Merchant does not appear in RE5. What's up with that Stranger?

The partner AI in RE5 is rather lackluster as she wastes a lot of ammo and considering you spend a lot of time together I assume, Capcom could have done a better job with that. I only imagine what it would be like playing on the harder difficulty settings. :dizzy:

The AI partner is what tarnished RE5 for me. it was a alright game but it kept bugging the tar outta me.