What are you Currently Playing?

Mortal Kombat isn't the only game out there. Discussion from games to consoles are welcomed here.
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Camerata 81 wrote:Beware that Fatal Frame IV was released ONLY in Japan. There is no US/CND or PAL version. If you want to play it you have to get the NTSC/J version and play it in Japanese...unless you install a patch made by a some fans that'll allow you to play the English version.
Talking about Silent Hill, I tried the Wii version, but I stopped playing it just after the 2nd level...too boring for me.

[color="DarkOrchid"]Once again, thanks for the heads-up. As for Fatal Frame, I've seen videos and cutscenes online and it looks pretty damn creepy, so I might buy a PS2 game just to try it out, because it will be cheap.

As for Silent Hill, which one did you mean? I didn't know that there were any Silent Hill games for the Wii. Silent Hill: Homecoming and the new SH that I've only seen screenshots of, are the only two SH games I've heard about. Unless... are you talking about the Silent Hill game that was, for lack of a better term, a "remake" or maybe "retelling" of the original Silent Hill? I saw a review of that one, and it was not too bad, apparently.[/color]
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER][color="DarkOrchid"]Check out my New York City-based theater company! http://www.LeftHipProductions.com[/color][/CENTER]
Dave Rosteck

Just started playing GTA4 for the first time on the PS3. Gotta say though, I'm not too impressed with the graphics.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Dave Rosteck wrote:Just started playing GTA4 for the first time on the PS3. Gotta say though, I'm not too impressed with the graphics.
Yeah, but the game is two and a half years old. The expansions Lost and Damned & Ballad of Gay Tony look more polished. If you've played Red Dead Redemption first, that will make GTAIV look even worse lol.
Dave Rosteck

True but I was actually comparing it to MGS4.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I downloaded Sonic Adventure DX on the PS3 and finished with Sonic and now playing with Tails. I forgot how much fun it was lol
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I'm playing Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2. I started off with Sonic 3D Blast since it's the weakest title of the collection but still have good memories from it when I was playing it on the Genesis back in the day. One thing I hate is that to unlock Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 + Knuckles you have to play a combination of titles an "x" number of times.
Dave Rosteck

Started playing GTA: San Andreas last night for real this time. I bought it when it came out but never got around to it cause I think that's when Deception was out. :]
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

frkonalsh2003 wrote:I'm playing Sonic Mega Collection Plus on PS2. I started off with Sonic 3D Blast since it's the weakest title of the collection but still have good memories from it when I was playing it on the Genesis back in the day. One thing I hate is that to unlock Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 + Knuckles you have to play a combination of titles an "x" number of times.

Haha that was pretty annoying but all you have to do is let it load then exit and repeat until you get it and it should work.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Dave Rosteck wrote:Started playing GTA: San Andreas last night for real this time. I bought it when it came out but never got around to it cause I think that's when Deception was out. :]
I kinda gave up on the GTA series up to this point, until IV came out that is. Still, my friend and I played this for countless hours in the co-op mode and just messing around in the huge world.

SonyaLover wrote:Haha that was pretty annoying but all you have to do is let it load then exit and repeat until you get it and it should work.
Yeah, but it still takes a while and seems to take longer if you lose count lol. Those two titles are totally worth it though.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Haha it does take awhile but I'm pretty sure it gives you some sort of confirmation if you have done it however many times you need to.
Camerata 81
Expert Warrior

Hell Ninja Scorpion wrote:[color="DarkOrchid"]Once again, thanks for the heads-up. As for Fatal Frame, I've seen videos and cutscenes online and it looks pretty damn creepy, so I might buy a PS2 game just to try it out, because it will be cheap.

As for Silent Hill, which one did you mean? I didn't know that there were any Silent Hill games for the Wii. Silent Hill: Homecoming and the new SH that I've only seen screenshots of, are the only two SH games I've heard about. Unless... are you talking about the Silent Hill game that was, for lack of a better term, a "remake" or maybe "retelling" of the original Silent Hill? I saw a review of that one, and it was not too bad, apparently.[/color]

Yeah, after trying it I can say that it's the best survival horror saga I've played. My personal ranking is II, IV, III and I. The IV, thanks to Wii control system has the best gameplay, but the II has a storyline and involvement that none of the others have. So, if you're looking for a PS2 episode, I'll say my two cent for Crimson Butterfly.

About Silent Hill, the Wii version is called Shattered Memories. The games "evolves" following your way of playing it and depending on the answers you give to the psychiatrist. It's a half-remake of the first game, but the gameplay is completely different (for example, you don't have weapons).
[CENTER]
Italians do it better
[/CENTER]
Dave Rosteck

Played Metal Gear Online for the first time yesterday. Very fun and addicting. Also served up Ghostbusters as well.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Been playing Hitman: Contracts on PS2. Its arguably my favorite game in the series. It's much shorter than Hitman 2: Silent Assassin but the music, larger levels, and darker atmosphere totally make up for it.
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

I've really been getting into the Castlevania series lately.

Right now I've been jumping around with...

Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Castlevania Circle of the Moon (GBA)
only stryker fan wrote:OH MY GOD you are an evil fucking mastermind
Ridley
Ultimate Warrior

I just beat Castlevania: Lords of Shadow yesterday, which has pretty much the only thing I've played for a few weeks. I actually feel kinda depressed that it's over I've been playing it so long. I'm not really sure what to play next, but I'm thinking of maybe buying that Dragon Age collection with all the add-ons sometime soon.
It's-Britney-Bitch
Expert Warrior

Currently playing a mixture of Resident Evil 5 (again.. I always seem to start playing this again every month or so), Final Fantasy 13 and Tekken Tag Tournament.

Speaking of TTT, I really hope that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 doesn't disappoint, but the icing on the cake would be if they bring back Michelle and Jun. The series just isn't the same to me without them. Asuka and Julia can kindly gtfo.
Camilla wrote:"nobody loves me except SK20"
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

I think it's safe to say Jun and Michelle is going to be in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. It's been said they'll bring back some characters who were absent in Tekken 6. But I do want Asuka and Julia to stay too. Just change their moves a bit.

I've been playing the GTA: Episodes from Liberity City disc and I've been trying to complete all the Gang Wars in TBoGT.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

After a month I finally beat Mega Man 9 and stomped Dr. Wily. I reached the castle weeks ago but couldn't bring myself to finish it since from that point you have to beat the game in one sitting and I've been busy. As a whole I honestly didn't think that Mega Man 9 would be this good. The robot masters are unique without being lame like in Mega Man 7 & 8. The weapons are really fun to use and serve more of a purpose than just for bosses. The music was excellent (personal fav is a toss up between Splash Woman and Wily Stage 1).

I bought Mega Man 10 at the same time as 9, so I'll be playing it next. It's gonna be hard for 10 to top 9.
Morder.7
Skilled Kombatant

I'm still playing MVC3. It's so addicting.
Camerata 81
Expert Warrior

I've just finished 零~月蝕の仮面 (Fatal Frame IV) in hard mode, just to see that the hard ending spoiler → [color="black"][SIZE="1"]has only some snapshot more and no video added compared to the easy/normal one *trollface*U mad bro*[/size][/color] ← spoiler.
Now I have to choose if play it again in nightmare mode or to finish the III chapter in hard mode (frozen some months ago at about 60%).
[CENTER]
Italians do it better
[/CENTER]
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

I recently bought PS3 with which came Gran Turismo 5 in the package, so I've been playing that recently. I like the game, I'm having fun, though the B-spec mode is kinda boring to me.

I also got Super Street Fighter IV as a birthday gift, I played it a bit and I have to say I sucked. I borrowed it to my friend a few days ago.

I just wish I had HD TV to fully enjoy the experience...
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

KKW2 wrote:I've been playing Tekken 6 for the past couple of days. I'm terrible at it but the scenario campaign mode is pretty fun.

I've been playing that a lot lately too, mainly on Scenario Campaign and Online mode.

I've also been playing Sonic Colors lately. I'm trying to get all the red rings to unlock Super Sonic and I only have a few more to get.
KitanaFan
Skilled Kombatant

I've been playing some Tekken 6 more and this time, I even recorded some footage of it with the EasyCAP that I recently got. I plan to record footage of some certain other games too.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Finally started Mega Man 10 and defeated my first robot master, Sheep Man. I've been also playing the Mortal Kombat demo and I totally love the video at the end of the ladder. Ermac has the best intro quote, "We are many, you are but one" is perfect.
Hell Ninja Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

[color="DarkOrchid"]To be honest? I got an Android phone back in January, and I've downloaded so many SNES Google apps that it's not even funny anymore. Specifically, I've been playing "Donkey Kong Country" and "Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest" when I have at least twenty minutes to spare.

But aside from those games, the first three MK's have been like gifts from the heavens above, as I ride the NYC subways and have fuck-all to occupy my time. Because with MK, I know that I can start Round 1 and finish with a Fatality before I even get to the next stop on the subway.

Aside from MK games and DKC on my Super Nintendo app, I've been playing "Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past" on my phone. And I mean, Goddayumn, that game is still brilliant after like two decades. Now I actually understand why people loved Zelda games before "Ocarina of Time" (my first entry into the series; however, my favorites are "Twilight Princess" and "Majora's Mask" equally. Discuss?).[/color]

[CENTER][color="DarkOrchid"]Check out my New York City-based theater company! http://www.LeftHipProductions.com[/color][/CENTER]