The Official Shoutbox Thread

Go off topic and chat about anything you like in this endless thread. Post counts don't raise here.
Dave Rosteck

Remove the "What's New?" tab.. Yay or nay?
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
Holy Grail

I like it personally. However once traffic picks up, it's pretty much gonna get flooded with new posts you really don't care about.

Is there a 'subscribe' to a thread option?
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
Dave Rosteck

Holy Grail wrote:Is there a 'subscribe' to a thread option?
Yep. It's under "Thread Tools".
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:I like it personally. However once traffic picks up, it's pretty much gonna get flooded with new posts you really don't care about.

Agreed.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Just came across this on Youtube. Bloodsport and the original Mortal Kombat are dear to the geek in me. Enjoy.

[CENTER][video=youtube;tTd7mtr81ww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTd7mtr81ww[/video][/CENTER]
Dave Rosteck

Have had heavy rains early this year for the past few weeks. So bad to point that I could barely see the road with the wipers going on full blast. Pretty scary when you're flying down the highway at 60-70 mph with a heavy dump truck and trailer behind you.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
Holy Grail

Has anyone seen Ylvis? Two Norwegian guys who have their own show and quite frankly do, everything. Extermely funny, almost in a Flight of Conchords style of parodying other styles. Their best known work is What the Fox say (like seriously, 70 million YT hits and climbing...) but I prefer this one just cause it's so darn clever and ridiculous all at once. [video=youtube;mbyzgeee2mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbyzgeee2mg[/video]
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

My Giants are 0-4 and it doesn't look good. The Giants have really been against the cap the last couple of years making them unable to make big moves in free agency. Not upgrading the offensive line and the linebackers has finally caught up with them. On top of that their greatest strength has been a dud in their defensive line. The rest of the division sucks too so maybe......

[CENTER][video=youtube;zMRrNY0pxfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/video] [/CENTER]

On the bright side, the Road to Super Bowl XLVI Blu-ray came in the mail today and the Road to Super Bowl XLII shouldn't be too far behind. I'm a bit bummed that XLII is only on DVD despite the original broadcasts were in HD.
HS15F
Novice Fighter

I know I haven't posted in a while i've been busy playing GTA V and just got a new desktop the other day to replace the 8 year old one. It has a touchscreen.
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

I just got back from seeing Karmin in concert. It was really awesome. :)
Mario Kart 8 | VR: 7000+
Main: Luigi; W25 Silver Arrow + GLA Tires + Cloud Glider
Dave Rosteck

How was everyone's holidays?
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
Holy Grail

I'm still on them! :) Got pretty much a month off from work thankfully.

Went interstate to Melbourne for Xmas with the Spanish side of the family - took us a lazy 7 hours to open presents. Got me all the Game of Thrones books in one massive set (also see: heavy) as well as a sweet set of noise cancelling headphones so I don't keep the lady awake when I play games into the wee hours. Too much food, too much drink and now my waistline is paying for it!
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:I'm still on them! :) Got pretty much a month off from work thankfully.

Went interstate to Melbourne for Xmas with the Spanish side of the family - took us a lazy 7 hours to open presents. Got me all the Game of Thrones books in one massive set (also see: heavy) as well as a sweet set of noise cancelling headphones so I don't keep the lady awake when I play games into the wee hours. Too much food, too much drink and now my waistline is paying for it!

Bah! I wish I was still on them as well!

My holidays were good - used a lot of my vacation time putting the final touches on mini-Adam's nursery.

Christmas itself was a little more low key this year than normal. With the wife being 9 months pregnant, we couldn't really travel anywhere. And all of the out of town relatives didn't come in or had other arrangements (my wife's cousin was getting married in Hawaii). But good times nonetheless.

As for the gifts, since people don't usually know what to get me - they'll give me gift cards. Well since I had a plethora of gift cards and nothing really important to spend them on... I bought a Playstation 4. Don't know how much use I'll get out of it and haven't really played it much... but a cool console to have in my collection.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

My holidays were good, saw some family, got some money mostly for the holidays. All my family is in town, so didn't really travel all that much. so was pretty much light.
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Mine were pretty good. There was a freak ice-storm the Saturday before Christmas (I literally went Christmas shopping with my boyfriend hours before the storm started), and it knocked out power about two hours I went to bed. The house was without power for two and a half days. Power returned around 3PM Christmas Eve. Before that, I bought me and my dad Taco Bell (my treat).

Christmas week was messed up with all the power outages and whatnot, my grandparents' house had no power until about the next Friday or Saturday after the storm.

The holidays overall were really good. Scored a total of five video games around Christmas- de Blob, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition, Pokemon X, LEGO Batman the Videogame, Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

New Years was pretty okay. Got to eat pizza, and drink some pretty good pop
Mario Kart 8 | VR: 7000+
Main: Luigi; W25 Silver Arrow + GLA Tires + Cloud Glider
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

The new site looks cool, good job guys.
ME
adamDMK

It is my great joy to introduce the birth of my son Adam Homer - we plan on calling him "AJ" (short for Adam Jr.).

He was born on 1/24 at 2:14am, 8 lbs 15 oz. and 20 inches long.

Pictures:

http://davesmk.net/images/misc/01-IMG_6656.jpg

http://davesmk.net/images/misc/02-IMG_6657.jpg
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

^ Awwww, so cute! Congrats! :)
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

adamDMK wrote:It is my great joy to introduce the birth of my son Adam Homer - we plan on calling him "AJ" (short for Adam Jr.).

He was born on 1/24 at 2:14am, 8 lbs 15 oz. and 20 inches long.

Pictures:

http://davesmk.net/images/misc/01-IMG_6656.jpg

http://davesmk.net/images/misc/02-IMG_6657.jpg

He's so adorable! Congratulations Adam! =D

Also, new site looks great!
adamDMK

Thanks reversemarin and SL!
Ali Mohsin
Skilled Kombatant

Congratulations Adam. got a new job n didn't have time to check this new site .it's kool
adamDMK

Ali Mohsin wrote:Congratulations Adam. got a new job n didn't have time to check this new site .it's kool

Thanks Ali! And congrats on the new job! Good to see you again.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Just stopping by and saying hello! Proud to say I've finished my second semester of college and even happier to say that I passed, especially my math class with an A- (I was horrible with math, lol). Also, shaved my head and to me, I kind of look like Cesaro from WWE lol.

Also congrats Ali on the new job!!!
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I have this feeling that Ed Boon will troll us with Injustice 2 at E3 next month.
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

I'm just stopping by after a long while. I'm just not doing as much on forums as I used to. Sorry everyone.