A chat night

Post your questions or comments about the forums or main site here. For support related issues, please see the below forum.
Rain killer
Intermediate Warrior

We should all set a time and night to be in the chat room. Like fridays at 9:00 pm or somthing. We could all be there at once and all talk. what do you all think? (just a thought)
pie
thanks Disturbed_mk for the coolest sig and avatar!
I get more pie than you do! :p :eek:
Adept Mercenary
Skilled Kombatant

I think you should shut up with the pie already.

Every night is chat night. More people need to idle in there with me.
JaL
Skilled Kombatant

[I][color="Teal"]A specific chat night does sound good. But only to people from the same (or atleast close) timezone. :fist: Though Adept is almost always idle in the chat, alone.. Now, if only Adept would actually chat and not always go (Away).. :wave:

[color="Magenta"]PIE[/color] :rolleyes: [/color]
[/I]
[CENTER]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
steam: [color="#008080"]jandrew [jandrewcepticon][/color]
psn: [color="#008080"]jandrewcepticon[/color]
[/CENTER]
skellington
True Kombatant

I Haven't been to the chat in like 21768243567 years! So that sounds good!

[color="Red"]PIE!!![/color]
mortalfool
Practicing Fighter

I guess it could use that, or just force people to enter the chatroom via msn >_>
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I miss the chats too. :(

*remembers awhile back, all the BAK KKWO's and DaTo's that filled the chat*

Good times!

I think setting up a time is a good idea!
Khaiden
Expert Warrior

Just Friday? Why can't it be all nights? That would be just great, all nights we all enter the chat to... chat :lol:
Sig made by the one and only Simple_Brutality
skellington
True Kombatant

Idk, I kinda liked the idea of just 1 special night where everybody knows about it. we could talk about pie and make adept mad.
deathlife
Skilled Kombatant

We all have diffrent times so it wouldn't work as planed. Anyway I like the PIE thing.
PIE. lol :p
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Morder.7
Skilled Kombatant

Don't worry, soon enough the chat will become oddly, very popular. It's just some weird natural rotation.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

[color="Green"]P[/color][color="White"]I[/color][color="Red"]E[/color] [color="Green"]M[/color][color="White"]A[/color][color="Red"]N[/color] WANTS TO CHAT[color="Green"]![/color][color="White"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color]

It's not a bad idea, but time zones are a bit problematic, what's Friday night to you, is Friday morning to some others, and I know I'm not in a mood to chat in the morning, unless I drink a huge coffee... :]

Anyway, I love the pie thing...

[color="Green"]P[/color][color="White"]I[/color][color="Red"]E[/color] [color="Green"]L[/color][color="White"]O[/color][color="Red"]L[/color]

Prokletstvo!!! Hehe...
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
Lord Paragon
Skilled Kombatant

I concur... a chat night now and again would be nice. Although, it may not be night for some. One of my friends had on old picture of diffrent time zones and had the best times for people from diffrent places could all be online at once. I cant remember what they all where, but, i remember the time for my area was 9pm till 12am. If thats at all helpful. I can be online almost anytime at this point of the year anyway.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Teal"]Dont make me say it.... :threaten:
FALCON ... PAAAUUUNCH![/color]
Mortal Kombat: Resurrection
[email="lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com"]lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com[/email][/CENTER]
Omni-[N|E|O]-Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

That sounds cool ! Except that the timezone thing is a problem ! It sucks !
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
Rain killer
Intermediate Warrior

Well to make this work some people will have to do some research over the timezones. Most of us stay up along time at night so maybe 12:00 midnight Central Daylight time. Some of you do some research and see what time it is where you live at that time. Hope this work but if it don't it was a worth a shot.
[color="Lime"]p[/color][color="White"]i[/color][color="Red"]e[/color][color="Lime"]![/color][color="White"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color]
Holy Grail

Believe me, if there's anyone who knows about how to research timezones for chats, it's me. :p

http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

This makes it pretty darn simple. The thing with a chat night, is that IMO there should be some sort of topic otherwise it will just become a spam filled PIE event which I can't say I'm in favor of. :fist:

If anyones got some ideas for a topic than I'm all ears. It wouldn't take much to organise - I mean the chat room is already there!
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
deathlife
Skilled Kombatant

Topics uh??? Games~ Soul Calibur 4, Silent Hill 5, Takken 6, Resident Evil 5
Movies~ The golden Comp., Resident Evil Ext., coming movies ect.
Life~ Work, School, Confecions (sp?), Ect.
Music~ Favorite Bands, New Albums, Classic songs. Ect
Hehehehe Its just some of the many topics that we may want to talk about :p but thats just from me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave Rosteck

Well, if there's one specific time I can think of that works for most when staff chats are held, it's around 9PM EST. Of course the days of the week vary more but probably the most common days selected were Tuesday or Thursday nights.

As mentioned before, a specific chat topic would probably create more interest for a scheduled chat night.

So whoever wants to make this happen feel free to organize and set the best time and date possible. If it's proven to work for the majority of members an announcement can be made to inform everyone of the scheduled chat.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
airborneranger
True Kombatant

Only time I've seen the chat really active was during April Fools.
Adept Mercenary
Skilled Kombatant

airborneranger wrote:Only time I've seen the chat really active was during April Fools.

It's amazing how drama can spark conversations.
airborneranger
True Kombatant

Adept Mercenary wrote:
airborneranger wrote:Only time I've seen the chat really active was during April Fools.

It's amazing how drama can spark conversations.

so true.
Rain killer
Intermediate Warrior

Dave Rosteck wrote:Well, if there's one specific time I can think of that works for most when staff chats are held, it's around 9PM EST. Of course the days of the week vary more but probably the most common days selected were Tuesday or Thursday nights.

As mentioned before, a specific chat topic would probably create more interest for a scheduled chat night.

So whoever wants to make this happen feel free to organize and set the best time and date possible. If it's proven to work for the majority of members an announcement can be made to inform everyone of the scheduled chat.

That's a good time. 9PM EST! About the topic a mod can think of a topic every week or somthing like a (Arcade night chat)or any thing. (I thank KKw2 would be good at picking a topic every week)
Lord Paragon
Skilled Kombatant

Question... what is 9PM EST in GMT?
[email="lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com"]lordparagon@mortalkombatnexus.com[/email][/CENTER]
Holy Grail

Lord Paragon wrote:Question... what is 9PM EST in GMT?

Check out my earlier post with a very handy website that has a timezone converter. Any questions, let me know. ;)
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
Lord Paragon
Skilled Kombatant

1am? Over here... hmm... it would depend entirely on whether i get this job or not.
BarakaBrat
Master Kombatant

Well I LURVE the idea. The noobs can get to know people better. There's nothing like hazing a noob, hehe...only to become part of the "in crowd" hehe. Anyway, I can go online at work so any time is good for me, unless I be smoking my herb.

And uh...pie? hehehe. RK rocks!

Thanks to JaL for the awesome sig.