Concerning Arcade Titles.

Post your questions or comments about the forums or main site here. For support related issues, please see the below forum.

Should we keep the Arcade Titles?

Yes, I can put up with all the scrolling
37%
No, they're too much of a hassle
42%
It doesn't bother me one way or the other.
21%

Total votes: 19
CrispyDragon
Practicing Fighter

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed but the Arcade Titles displayed at the bottom of people's posts can sometimes reach ridiculous lengths. It gets quite tiresome and irritable to scroll down through a whole bunch of titles just to read the next post, especially when someone with a lot of titles posts multiple times.

So I was just wondering is there anyway to cut them back, minimise or take them out all together? I suggest putting a link to our arcade titles in our profile. Additionally, is it possible to put a link to Arcade Titles, which is accessible by clicking the name of someones post, much like you would do to view their profile, send PM, send email, etc. This would mean they wouldn't need to be displayed other a persons post, saving heaps of space.

Is this feasible?
Dave Rosteck

Yeah, I understand your concern. This issue had come up recently and I came to the conclusion that it's a "all or nothing" sort of situation. Meaning, I only have the option to totally disable the awards all together or leave it the way it is. There's not even an option for a simple drop down menu or have the awards reside in user profiles.

I guess it all comes down to what the majority prefers. Feel free to add a poll in case there are varied opinions.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

Dave Rosteck wrote:I only have the option to totally disable the awards all together or leave it the way it is.

Oh... I like having arcade awards... At first, when I didn't play those arcade games, I was a bit annoyed as well with those very long arcade awards lists below the posts. But then I won some awards and now I like to check out those lists to see if there are any changes, without going to the arcade section.
Yep, we have a problem... :(
I know you said it, Dave, that it's all or nothing, but is there any way to make some kind of list of members with their arcade titles in the arcade section?
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
CrispyDragon
Practicing Fighter

Dave Rosteck wrote:Yeah, I understand your concern. This issue had come up recently and I came to the conclusion that it's a "all or nothing" sort of situation. Meaning, I only have the option to totally disable the awards all together or leave it the way it is. There's not even an option for a simple drop down menu or have the awards reside in user profiles.

I guess it all comes down to what the majority prefers. Feel free to add a poll in case there are varied opinions.

Aww that sucks, thanks for looking into it though. Personally I'd prefer to have a long list of Arcade Titles, than none at all. It also seems I can't edit a poll into my thread, if a member of staff could do that for me, I'd much appreciate it.
Dave Rosteck

reversemarin wrote:I know you said it, Dave, that it's all or nothing, but is there any way to make some kind of list of members with their arcade titles in the arcade section?
Unfortunately no. However, you could still view the "The Top 5 Players".

CrispyDragon wrote:It also seems I can't edit a poll into my thread, if a member of staff could do that for me, I'd much appreciate it.
Actually all members can. Click the "Thread Tools" dropdown link to add a poll. ;)
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
CrispyDragon
Practicing Fighter

Dave Rosteck wrote:
CrispyDragon wrote:It also seems I can't edit a poll into my thread, if a member of staff could do that for me, I'd much appreciate it.
Actually all members can. Click the "Thread Tools" dropdown link to add a poll. ;)

Learn something new every day. Thanks for the tip, poll added. o=
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

Keep the Arcade because there are fun games, but lose the titles its a hassle and it's ridiculous.
only stryker fan wrote:OH MY GOD you are an evil fucking mastermind
BorixXx
Master Kombatant

Hey Dave, is there some sort of VB script to either hide the arcade titles (like on the main page with the arrows for the top 10 stats) or set on your options to turn it off your personal display? Many of us, I have the nuts to speak for a number of us, don't really give a rats ass about who spends the most time playing and mastering a game to win the award. This way, the people who care see the ones who have the awards and the others can navigate their pages the way they want.

Just a suggestion =)
Omni-[N|E|O]-Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

KKW2 wrote:Uh, yeah, I'm definitely for no Arcade Titles shown in the signatures. I'm sure you guys know who I'm talking about, but damn, those titles take up more than a whole page.

Very ridiculous at the same time ! Put the Arcade titles at the Arcade session...It's very annoying scrolling through the page to see the next post....
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

Wow that is much better for the Arcade awards, whoever did it thanks it's a major improvement. :#1
Omni-[N|E|O]-Scorpion
Skilled Kombatant

Awesome ! Thanks to the innovator ! :cool:
Disturbed_mk
Champion Warrior

Yea I have to agree it's much better. thanks to who ever done it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dave Rosteck

Thanks. I have to credit the power of Google on this one. :]

I guess my only question to everyone is whether or not it's okay to leave the "Challenge User" link at the bottom of posts where it is now? I could try working it into the dropdown although I can't guarantee it'd work correctly.

I also wanted to address that I can't seem to find a way to make the "Arcade Awards" text into a hyperlink. The downside to this is that it'll likely fool a lot of members into thinking you can't click it even though you can. If there's anyone with PHP script knowledge out there, feel free to look into this or PM me for the template code.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
Reppy-H2
Skilled Kombatant

Dave Rosteck wrote:I guess my only question to everyone is whether or not it's okay to leave the "Challenge User" link at the bottom of posts where it is now?

I dont have a problem with the "Challenge User" link at the bottom. Its small and doesnt really take up much space. I think its fine where its at.
Dave Rosteck

Not really a major issue here but I noticed the dropdown does not recognize users with awards in the PM system. I'm sure we can all live with that though.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
CrispyDragon
Practicing Fighter

Nice work Dave, a definite improvement. At least scrolling won't take as long now and people get to keep their endlessly long arcade titles. Everyone wins. =P
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

Dave Rosteck wrote:I guess my only question to everyone is whether or not it's okay to leave the "Challenge User" link at the bottom of posts where it is now? I could try working it into the dropdown although I can't guarantee it'd work correctly.

I also wanted to address that I can't seem to find a way to make the "Arcade Awards" text into a hyperlink. The downside to this is that it'll likely fool a lot of members into thinking you can't click it even though you can.

It's OK to leave "Challenge User" link at the bottom of posts, it doesn't bother at all...

And that "Arcade Awards" text did fool me :o , but eventually everyone who's interested will try to click it... :]

I think it's all OK now & very well done, Seinfeld fan... :clap:
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
rivaled_ninja
Beginning Fighter

i jus voted cuz it's my right........... that America for ya
Thanks a lot disturbed_mk for the bad out sig.:yes
KitanaLover
Practicing Fighter

I voted yes, because this way u can like read everything!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Disturbed_mk! :#1