Guess who's favorite character is back in!?

Discussion of the upcoming Mortal Kombat X for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One, with its release scheduled for 2015.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Along with another familiar face in the form of her ex-husband, Johnny Cage, Ms. Sonya Blade joins the cast in a recently revealed "Cage Family" Trailer! It shows off their different moves and X-Ray, as well as giving us a glimpse of Johnny' Cage's fatality, which pays homage to The Shining with a familiar quote from the movie :P

(Unfortunately, I can't post URLs but if you look it up on YouTube, you'll find it lol)
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

I'm disappointed in Sonya's fatalities for MKX (other than the Klassic DLC one). The first fatality was really...meh. I wnated her to rip someone apart using her legs.

What's your favorite Sonya variation? I like the one where the drone has a kamikaze move. Special Forces?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I honestly can't remember her variations in the game because I never really use her lol. Sooo, having just looked it up, I loved the Covert Ops Variation. Love the hand to hand combat and it felt closer to how she played in MK9 compared to the other variations. I was disappointed with her variations plus her fatalities. I get she's older now but the whole drone thing in both fatalities irked me. I also missed having her rip people apart with her thighs. Her classic fatality made me happy though and it's the only one I'll ever use lol. Some of her brutalities were good, at least. I don't know. As much as I love Sonya, I feel like this might be her last game. Unless they do another time warp scenario.
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

While I'm not particularly a fan of Sonya, there are things about her in MKX that I actually like. In contrast to her previous designs, I like the more realistic approach to her design, although I think she should have had a "brighter" costume other than her MK1 costume. I think that Tricia Helfer's voice acting nicely went hand-in-hand with the more realistic approach to Sonya's character. I just didn't really like Sonya's voice or design in the last two games. One thing that I would have liked was to delve more into what seems to be PTSD in her character to make me invested.

Gameplay-wise, she's definitely very good from a technical standpoint. I like her Covert Ops variation the most due to the Garrote parry. However, Demolition is her best variation due to the pressure she can apply on her opponents via the grenades. I hate her Special Forces variation due to how clunky it feels to me. I can understand the usage of drones for the Demolition and Special Forces variations so I'm not against the concept itself. I think that instead of the Special Forces variation involving the drone, we could have had the variation involve Sonya giving various commands to soldiers for attack/defense options akin to Parasoul's moves from Skullgirls.