Fav. MK9 Character

The long awaited Mortal Kombat 9 that reinvented the series and returned it to tournament grade-competition!
Holy Grail

So it's an age old question but one that I can't see here anywhere!

So after playing MK9, who's your fighter of choice? One of the new additions in Cyber Sub-Zero? Or perhaps the DLC inclusions?

I need some time to think of mine but in the meantime, hit me with your best shot! :cool:
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Obviously, my choice would be Sonya lol, but if it's character I kick ass with... well it's her, Kitana and Mileena. Surprisingly, I'm pretty sick with Scorpion too. Though... I'm not crazy good like some people online lol. Though, I've held my own against some of them.

For the DLC characters, Skarlet is definitely my main choice. Very agile, quick special moves so overall, good for me.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Sub-Zero. A great defensive character than can maintain the pace of the fight with his ice clones. His combos do a lot of damage and he can apply a lot of pressure once his opponent is in the corner.

I loved trolling with Baraka by only using three moves and finishing opponents off with that one fatality where he picks them up with his blade and spins them around while they are being cut with other arm lol.
reversemarin
Expert Warrior

frkonalsh2003 wrote:Sub-Zero. His combos do a lot of damage and he can apply a lot of pressure once his opponent is in the corner.

Pffff... Compared to my girl's Kitana combos, his do miserable damage. :p

Well, you can see who I use the most in the link below my signature. I still play MK9 and update the stats every month.

Kitana is all about footsies, which I love. Her d+1 is 6 frames and has insane reach, then her f+2, 1 string is an amazing whiff punisher since it advances her forward a lot and it leads to ~45-55% meterless damage (depending if you're midscreen or in the corner), her 2,1 string also has nice range and it's faster than f+2, 1 so you want to use that one for moves that are not so easily punishable on block. Her standing 2 and standing 3 are great anti-airs and her footsies are nicely rounded out with her instant air-fans which lead to good damage and more importantly control the air. Her d+4 is also great.

Then there are her unbreakable combos, as well as her safe jump-in mix-ups following a cutter (d, f+2) that hits a grounded opponent. You can go for 1,1,2~cutter for good chip damage and meter building, but also 1,1~throw, 1~throw, 1,1~loop, 1,1~cross over, or jump-in deep kick into inescapable throw, jump-in deep kick into 3,3 which is neutral on block and spaces you out for a max d+1 range etc.

Her wake-up game is ass though, you can hit her out of all of her wake-up options with d+4.
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
[CENTER][color="White"][SIZE="1"]My MK2011 character ranking (by number of wins) as of Feb 02, 2014[/size][/color][/CENTER]
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

I quite enjoy playing Jax in MK9.

Things sure would have been better if Stryker wasn't completely unplayable.
ME
Holy Grail

only stryker fan wrote:Things sure would have been better if Stryker wasn't completely unplayable.
In what way?

Now that I've got back into playing it (*hint hint*), it's gotta be Kung Lao. His mix up game is great, has teleport and "shield" abilities all with some punishing kombos.

Plus, who doesn't want a hat like that?? :]
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

Baraka. I can spin his blades all day.