Blog Issues

Report bugs, database errors or anything preventing the forums or main site from operating correctly. Please do not report individual post content here, that's what the Report Post feature is for.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I've been trying to read the blogs but I keep getting this message:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php
Line: 55

And:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 55

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 107

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 111

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 119

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 130

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 134

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 142

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 211

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/init.php on line 389

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/davesmk/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 2552

Lol, not sure if it's only me, but just thought I'd bring it up :)
adamDMK

Thanks for the heads up SL! It looks like that's just due to this version of the forum referencing deprecated PHP tags. I believe we will be upgrading the forums to a more recent version in the near future - and with that the errors should go away.

Thanks!
Dave Rosteck

Since I'm still having issues and not sure when the upgrade will occur, I went ahead and made a quick fix to the error reporting code. The blogs should be free of errors as well as the chatroom. Let us know if we missed any!
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Will do and thanks for the quick fix =)
Grandam99
Intermediate Warrior

Is there any option to speed up this site in any way? I am not sure if I am the only one whose having that issue, but, it pauses for a few seconds everytime I try load any page here. I don't get that issues on any other sites, is that a known issue here? or is it my system?

Thanx. :wtf
Also, join my newest site as well at: http://s13.zifboards.com/mortalkombat_b_a/index.php?
adamDMK

Grandam99 wrote:Is there any option to speed up this site in any way? I am not sure if I am the only one whose having that issue, but, it pauses for a few seconds everytime I try load any page here. I don't get that issues on any other sites, is that a known issue here? or is it my system?

Thanx. :wtf
Hey Grandam99 - are you having page speed issues on the site as a whole or just the discussion forums? I'm working on improving the speed of the site as a whole as it looks to be taking 10 to 12 seconds to load on initial view.