WWE Discussion

All sport and indoor/outdoor activity related topics are discussed in this forum.

Do you still regularly watch WWE?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 6
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Dave Rosteck wrote: They have a golden opportunity to sky rocket Bryan to the top with his overwhelming popularity BUT will they actually give him the title? I think not...
Funny you should say that. Even wrestlers that were fighting for the Hardcore Title back in the day had longer reigns than Bryan had last night. At least Orton is a heel now.
Dave Rosteck

So I hear Cena is out 4-6 months. All I have to say is.. YES! YES! YES! May consider breaking my boycott for this.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

As I expected when I heard about the injury, Cena will return much earlier than previously stated to surprise the fans. He will officially return at the Hell in a Cell PPV. Not like this is the first time WWE has pulled this with Cena. Six months my ass.
Dave Rosteck

So they removed Kane's mask AGAIN and to top it all off, he's wearing a suit now.. Unless they have some serious plans for him, they've fucked him up beyond repair this time. :mad:
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

I really dislike what they are doing with kane big time..
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Mae Young passed away Yesterday. A true pioneer for women in wrestling. I missed a lot of her early stuff in the WWE because I used to watch WCW a lot more and didn't switch over until WCW was bought out. She took a lot of crazy bumps despite being in her 70s and 80s like with Bubba Dudley and Jamal. RIP Mae.
adamDMK

So as WrestleMania approaches - so too does my interest in catching up on wrastlin'.

I see that CM Punk has walked out of the company? Is this a work? And Batista returned to win the Rumble... wow. Poor Daniel Bryan.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've read reports about CM Punk being unhappy and Batista winning the Rumble to main event Wrestlemania 30 was the last straw. The last couple of years WWE has brought back part time wrestlers like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and now Batista who take up the spotlight.

The crowd in Pittsburgh took over the Rumble at least that is how WWE sees it. Poor Danial Bryan? How about poor Rey Mysterio. Guy comes in at #30 and gets massively booed lol the only pop he got that night was when he was eliminated.

I hear this rumor every year with Sting but it seems this year it might happen. Hopefully we get see the ultimate dream match between Sting and The Undertaker.

So the WWE Network is finally set to launch this month. For $9.99/month you can get streaming video but I heard there is a limit to how much can watch in a certain amount of time. I also read that subscribers will have about less than five percent of WWE's massive video library at a time.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

So after getting into wrestling again after a long hiatus and watching the most recent PPV, I'm enjoying it though the main event was somewhat predictable to the point where I was giving the play-by-play before it even happened; eg. Christian pushing Sheamus off the top rope after he entered and Sheamus kicking in one of the pods to get to Randy Orton.

Also, kind of bummed that CM Punk left as I thought he was fun and interesting to watch. Hopefully he'll come back but we'll see. Also, it was kind of predictable that with Batista coming back and winning the Rumble since Orton's the champion. Both were a part of Evolution so I'm sure WWE's writing team came up with the idea to have them square off.

As for the WWE Network now, I think it's a great thing that they're doing, BUT they still have a lot of things to work out. I have it myself and right now, it's unwatchable. It pauses every couple of seconds, then goes smoothly for a bit and then pauses again. Hopefully they patch it up and fix all the kinks soon because I'd really enjoy watching all the older PPVs and shows, especially ECW. For all the videos, that's going to take A LONG TIME to put every single thing on it. Can you imagine their archive size with WWE alone, and then with ECW and WCW? So I'm not surprised that a lot of the older Raw, Smackdown, etc. shows don't have a lot of episodes to them.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

WWE needs more people to subscribe to the Network and so they jettisoned the six month commitment and it will work more like Netflix with payment being month to month. November is free. I''m glad I held out and will probably get it around the time Sting finally debuts around Wrestlemania season.