Ayumi Hamasaki

Discuss the latest news and share your opinions on all types of music genres.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I think Startin' is my favorite song by Ayu. I've listened to it so many times. The song is so addicting.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

The song isn't as awesome as Startin' was, but Born To Be... is really good. I can't wait to see that PV.
KanozGangstaBoi
Practicing Fighter

Again, rule number 14.

Ayumi has a new single everybody! This time called BLUE BIRD! It's tracks include:
BLUE BIRD (Obviously :rolleyes: )
Beautiful Fighters
Ladies Night ~another night~ (Remix to the popular song from her (miss)understood album)
and some other remixes and instrumentals

BLUE BIRD is a ok song, not total favorite. Heard only a bit of Ladies Night ~another night~. Sounds like a cool rock version of the song!

Comments por favor!!
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
dream4eternity77
Advanced Warrior

Well I have to hear some of her new stuff but I like her music. Her voice is a leaves a little to be desired but her music is so incredible. She has such a star quality and the word kawaii totally suits her haha.
KanozGangstaBoi
Practicing Fighter

Well, I personally love Ayu, (not more than Koda though).

Her song and video for Beautiful Fighters have been leaked and I have to say, it's a fun video, I just wish Ayu did a lot more dancing!

And the video for BLUE BIRD reminded me alot like her fairyland video.
[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Well, since I haven't been here . .

Ayumi has been really busy! She released her album Secret (which is awesome!) and then afterwards she released her second Best Of album, A BEST 2 -Black- and A BEST 2 -White-! And recently she released another single called glitter / fated. And now she's releasing another single called talkin' 2 myself, which is a rock song. It also includes the B-side, Decision!

Can't wait!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

You're just mad because you don't like glitter, lol.

I liked BOTH songs! Well, talkin' 2 myself will be better than glitter!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

fated is a very good song. Reminds of Memorial Address in a way. She should make more songs like that though.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

She's hot on the Loveppears cover. Too bad she was covering her boobs though. :(
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Hell yeah! I listened to that song about 30 times now. It's such a good song, especially when she's singing it live!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Okay, Ayumi Hamasaki time.

After glitter/fated, she released another single called talkin' 2 myself. She wrote it because she said she talks to herself sometimes but the interviewer said that wasn't normal, so Ayumi had found out Koda lied to her! Anyway, she then released Together When . . . digitally . . . a first for her. Shot to # 1. And then onward she released her album, GUILTY which turns out to be my favorite album from her and YET it didn't debut on the top spot, which is a first for her. Then soon after, she told her fanclub she became deaf. Poor bitch. Anyway, I believe she released Mirrorcle World in March and it was the shit! And then last month she released A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ which had every first a-side in her career. And she's deaf.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Nah. She is releasing more music. She has a new song called GREEN that's being used in a commercial. But it sounds like BLUE BIRD or Fairyland or glitter. Another one of those. Didn't really hear much of it though.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I want her to rock out again. I don't care if people didn't like her rock music that much. I enjoyed it!
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I'm not sure. Does her NOTHING FROM NOTHING stuff count? lol
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

The Ladies Night remix from ayu-mi-x 6 sounded hip hoppish
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

Is Ayumi still deaf in her left ear? :(
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Unfortunately, yes =(. It's incurable, but she's still growing strong, despite her losing her number one single streak and number one album streak.

Since we left on her GUILTY era, we have six studio albums, 1 mini-album (three if you count the ones she released that was just included on her studio album anyway), and tons of singles to go through, plus, tons of personal issues for her =(.

So after GUILTY, which I loved but unfortunately didn't reach number one on the Oricon chart, she released a single Mirrorcle World, which is an awesome rock track! Very in your face. It's an extended version of her intro track of GUILTY, Mirror. The b-side to the Mirrorcle World single is Life, which is a slow-rock ballad, which is pretty cool. I enjoyed it a lot. Then also included was a remake of her song, Depend On You from 1999, and she made sound more modern and it's much more rock-infused than the original. I loved hearing it especially since it was the first Ayu song I unknowingly listened to, due to the game Thousand Arms.

Onward, she released two singles Days/GREEN and Rule/Sparkle (which the Days/GREEN single included an updated version of her song, TO BE , which were included her next album, NEXT LEVEL. Pretty much every song on this album is a great one, included the interlude tracks. To pick a favorite from here would be tough, but if we're aiming for non-single songs, then rollin', identity, LOVE n' HATE, and Curtain call are great, which is basically the rest of the album, lol. Also included was a 2nd CD which was pretty much a live album of her PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009 A. Standout songs were End of the World, Heartplace, POWDER SNOW, HOPE or PAIN, and Over. She sounded great singing those live!

After NEXT LEVEL, she released the single Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~, which I can pretty much describe as Koda's Yume no Uta and Futari De... single, since both songs kind of use the same melody. Then she released You were.../BALLAD. Personally, I loved both of these songs, especially BALLAD, despite its lame name for a title. I think that song is one of her best ballads. After these two singles came her next studio album, Rock n' Roll Circus. Again, the album itself is awesome. All the album tracks, plus the singles included mesh together well. Some of my favorites are Microphone, count down, Don't look back and Lady Dynamite.

Not too long after Rock n' Roll Circus, she began her "road to 50th single" which started with the release of MOON / blossom. MOON is a slow-rock ballad while blossom is a strong rock/ballad-esque song. After this single, she released crossroad, which is another ballad. It also included a cover of a song called SEVEN DAYS WAR and depending on which version, a remix of blossom or the orchestra version of MOON. Finally, her 50th single "L", include three a-sides, Virgin Road, Sweet Season and Last Angel. Virgin Road is yet another ballad, but I think it's really beautiful and a great song. Sweet Season is light, warm kind of feeling song. Last Angel is a up-tempo, electronica sound and my personal favorite of the three. With these three singles under her belt, she released her next album Love Songs. A very solid album again from Ayu. Also around this time, she married Manuel Schwartz (aka Mannie) around 2010, who was included in her Virgin Road and Last Angel PVs.

Shortly after Love Songs, she planned to go on tour to promote the album but it was around that time that the 2011 Earthquake had happened. So she went on tour with her "Power Of Music 2011 A" tour, which was pretty much a stripped down version of her concerts and focused more on her singing and music, instead of theatrics. Included in it is one of my favorite performances of her song, forgiveness. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QL9epY4Tno) Afterward, she released her mini-album, FIVE, which featured five songs; progress, ANother song feat. Urata Naoya, Why feat. Juno, beloved and BRILLANTE, which I find to be a super powerful song and an instant classic. Included in the track BRILLANTE after a minute or so of silence, is the hidden track Why feat. Urata Naoya and features a different arrangement than the other version. Though not too long after, her and Mannie divorced, due to her stating that she would be unable to leave Japan for the US after what had happened when the Earthquake hit.

Around February 2012, she released "how beautiful you are" digitally, followed by her new studio album, Party Queen, which did not reach number one. Out of the album, she has what a lot of people dubbed "a new trilogy", which consists of reminds me, Return Road and Tell me why. A lot of people speculated that the songs were about the divorce she recently had gone through, but she denied it. I personally feel like those three are the strongest songs on the album. I love love love reminds me. Such a powerful song. I also think she wrote it about her marriage, but I don't think she'll fess up anytime soon.

Later on in the year, she released two mini-albums, LOVE and again, which pretty much acted like singles for her upcoming album, LOVE again (-_-). It contained the three main songs from LOVE and the three main songs of again, plus 8 original songs as well as her song You & Me, which was released earlier on. Songs that standout to me are Wake me up, snowy kiss, Sweet Scar, and petal. It was, again, a pretty solid album.

Near the end of 2013, she released her first physical single, Feel the love / Merry-go-round, which unfortunately reached only number 5 on the charts and thus, broke her streak of consecutive number one singles. I was so sad to see that happen, but it was bound to. She's then been releasing some special singles to those who've attended her tour, with them being XOXO / Terminal, Angel / Leilo & What is forver love / NOW & 4EVA. In between those releases, she released two digital singles Pray and Hello new me. All of this has led up to her most current release of her album, Colours. Most of the songs included are of the electronica genre. I downloaded it today and right now loving it! Favorite song by far is Terminal! I just love that song so much.

As for her drama, besides her ex-husband, she dated one of her dancers during her Party Queen era, but that soon dissolved and she's now dating someone else though I'm not sure who. I need to get some good sources and pictures!

She uploaded some of her new videos on YouTube, though of course, in short versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMudfyja9-o - Leilo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-1hlLY2Ztc - XOXO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uv-YDn2A-g - Angel

Oh I totally forgot too, she's coming out with A Excercise, where.... well, you excercise lol. Unfortunately, it doesn't have her actually in it =( lol > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTw7RyRjm4Y

Forget YouTube! JPOPSUKI TV has the videos in full!
http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/ayumi-hamasaki---XOXO/0c70e4d85a32114250aac91fd1b8caef - XOXO

The video is so cool! Plus she actually dances and she kind of channeled her inner Kumi lmao
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

I remember Mirrorcle World, that was an awesome song. Was GUILTY the album where she's wearing a leapoard print dress and she's like posing in some desert canyon somewhere?

I pretty much need to catch up on every single album after GUILTY. I will definitely check out the songs you liked, since I know I will like the songs you liked. ;) Our JPOP tastes are the same <3 And what is with her album names? lmao

@ the XOXO video

Dayumn, inner Kumi indeed. Never thought I'd see Ayumi in that outfit and humping men on the dance floor. Who was that other chick?
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

KKW3 wrote:I remember Mirrorcle World, that was an awesome song. Was GUILTY the album where she's wearing a leapoard print dress and she's like posing in some desert canyon somewhere?

I pretty much need to catch up on every single album after GUILTY. I will definitely check out the songs you liked, since I know I will like the songs you liked. ;) Our JPOP tastes are the same <3 And what is with her album names? lmao

@ the XOXO video

Dayumn, inner Kumi indeed. Never thought I'd see Ayumi in that outfit and humping men on the dance floor. Who was that other chick?
Yes! That was the GUILTY album cover ^_^. And of course! You pioneered me into like J-Pop! Also, unfortunately, COLOURS didn't hit number 1 nor 2. It reached number 5 on the charts, which is her lowest charting album ever. The other chick was one of her dancers I'm assuming, lol. As for her being sexy, she kind of started with Rule/Sparkle, though the video for Sparkle was weird as hell, but then again, most J-Pop videos are weird. (Angel's Song???) lol
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

Ayumi is working on her seventeenth album, nice! She's still topping all the charts, right? :#1
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

I have to do some catching up on Ayu myself but here we go!

For her seventeenth album, it's supposedly going to be called #MADEINJAPAN and that's all the info I got, lol. She released a mini-album called Sixxxxxx, which I haven't listened to so I'll get back to you lol. As for albums, she released A ONE, with the stand out songs WARNING, Last Minute (love Rock Ayu \m/ >_< \m/), The Show Must Go On AND Movin' On Without You (yes, Ayumi covered Utada Hikaru!). Unfortunately, it still didn't top the charts, coming in a #4. She re-released A BEST for its 15th Anniversary. All the tracks were remastered. Other than that, she's been going on tour like crazy!
KKW3
Practicing Fighter

SonyaLover wrote:I have to do some catching up on Ayu myself but here we go!

For her seventeenth album, it's supposedly going to be called #MADEINJAPAN and that's all the info I got, lol. She released a mini-album called Sixxxxxx, which I haven't listened to so I'll get back to you lol. As for albums, she released A ONE, with the stand out songs WARNING, Last Minute (love Rock Ayu \m/ >_< \m/), The Show Must Go On AND Movin' On Without You (yes, Ayumi covered Utada Hikaru!). Unfortunately, it still didn't top the charts, coming in a #4. She re-released A BEST for its 15th Anniversary. All the tracks were remastered. Other than that, she's been going on tour like crazy!
+1 Rock Ayu :#1 :#1 :#1

Say WHAAAAAAT, she covered Hikki? Interesting...

D'oh, #4. At least she's still in the top 5 :lol:
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Yeah and personally for me, it was one of the best songs on the tribute album that was made for Utada. Others include AI's cover of Final Distance and some guy rock group singing Be My Last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSEkrqnJVM0 < There's a performance of Ayu's Movin on without you