What are you Currently Playing?

Mortal Kombat isn't the only game out there. Discussion from games to consoles are welcomed here.
SonyaLover
Skilled Kombatant

Right now, playing Batman: Arkham City. There's SOOOO much stuff to do and collect, I've been busy running around trying to get all the trophies lol. It's an insane amount.

I finished Tomb Raider, and I have to say it's honestly, in my opinion, the best I've played in a long time. A fresh, new start for Lara Croft and it couldn't have been better. The game is amazing!

In my list of still to play/finish:
Ico/Shadow Of Colossus
Metal Gear Rising: Revengance (I'll go more into detail about this game probably in another thread...)

My list of still to platinum games:
Uncharted 2 & 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Tomb Raider
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Arkham City has more stuff to collect but the challenges in Arkham Asylum are much harder due to the fact that Batman isn't as strong in the first game as he is in the sequel. Both games are great.

I've been playing Gran Turismo 4. Love the actual racing part but hate everything else about it. The first two games were realistic but casual in appearance.
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Pac-Man World 2 on PlayStation 2. I love this game. It's frustrating as hell due to me trying to be a perfectionist and collecting 100% of everything. Maybe this playthough I'll actually get to unlock Ms. Pac-Man arcade game <_<
Mario Kart 8 | VR: 7000+
Main: Luigi; W25 Silver Arrow + GLA Tires + Cloud Glider
Shaolin_Forever
Intermediate Warrior

Prototype on 360. Such a good game for that rush of "I AM A GOD!"
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Now I'm playing Pac-Man World 2 on GameCube. Yes, in my previous post in this thread I said I was playing it on PS2... I have it on both systems.

Anyway, same situation with the PS2 version. Collecting everything and whatnot.

The sounds for the Rev Roll are different in both versions
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

I've been playing Mortal Kombat's story mode. I used to like Raiden a lot but he just makes me want to punch him in the face in the this game. :lol:
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

I started far cry 3 about 10 days ago, and picked up the new bioshock...dont think I'm going to have a live anytime soon lol
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

Sly 2 Band of Thieves.

I friggin hate the Rajan boss fight >_<
adamDMK

Played through "The Last of Us" a couple weeks ago. It was definitely one of the best games I've ever played.
Shaolin_Forever
Intermediate Warrior

Bouncing between Borderlands 2 and revisiting Saints Row The Third. Gotta love the crazy
A Shadow is merely Darkness in the presence of Light

Thanks Kid Buu for this awesome sig!

The Emperor Protects
scorpionfreak668
Champion Warrior

adamDMK wrote:Played through "The Last of Us" a couple weeks ago. It was definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

If I ever get me a PS3, that's the first game I'm getting. It sounds amazing.

===

Playing me some Super Mario Galaxy. SO amazing
adamDMK

scorpionfreak668 wrote:If I ever get me a PS3, that's the first game I'm getting. It sounds amazing.

Trust me, if you can get a PS3 on sale... this game is worth it!

Valve has their Steam Summer Sale until July 22nd - so I've been trying to pick up some games.

http://store.steampowered.com/

I got Civilization V and Surgeon Simulator among others, but there's some really good titles on sale. Just got to find the time to play them now. :clap:
Holy Grail

adamDMK wrote:Played through "The Last of Us" a couple weeks ago. It was definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

It's really that good huh? I read the reviews and kinda feel like it was over-hyped.. But I trust your judgement moreso than IGN! :p
Common sense - so rare, it's a god-damn super power.
FIGJAM
holygrail@davesmk.net
adamDMK

Holy Grail wrote:It's really that good huh? I read the reviews and kinda feel like it was over-hyped.. But I trust your judgement moreso than IGN! :p

To me at least, it WAS that good. I was in the same boat as you before the game was released/upon release. I thought IGN and the other media sites were just over-hyping it (like they tend to do with anything released by Naughty Dog), but I decided to give it a try anyway. Even if it was just another run of the mill zombie action adventure, how bad could 12 hours of killing zombies be? But from the opening scene to the final scene... WOW.

This is just one of those games that comes together so well. The gameplay is fluid and smooth, the storyline and performances by the actors is amazing, the graphics are incredible, and I can go on and on. The story is very linear, but there is a lot of flexibility in how you approach combat and certain scenarios. Often you don't have the ammo or resources to kill everything in sight, so you have to be stealthy. Ammo isn't some infinite supply like it is in CoD or other shooters, it's a scarce resource and you literally have to make every shot count.

The game felt as real as you could get in a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland, there were certain times I was genuinely concerned for the main characters. Definitely very gripping overall. Plus the main playable character, Joel, isn't your typical hero. He's an anti-hero and his motivations felt very real. I wouldn't expect everyone in a post-apocalyptic zombie wasteland to be a virtuous sharpshooting superhero, so it was nice to see a protagonist who doesn't care about anything but basic survival.

I plan on playing the game through again and I've already went back and watched the cut-scenes on YouTube several times already, that has to say something right? But to each his own, maybe I'm just over-hyping this game now lol.

It's too bad this game was released so late in the Playstation 3's life cycle, I really think if this would have came out in 2010 or 2011 it would have helped PS3's sales.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

Im playing through some of the new DLC For bioshock infinite
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

Finally completed Batman: Arkham City 100%. The last predator campaign (Predator Master) was completed on my last retry. Still have plenty of Riddler's Revenge left for the DLC characters. Had I remembered to play the Fall/Winter 2012 holidays I would be almost done with Calender Man.

I'll play this and Arkham Asylum just before Origins comes out in late October.
Dave Rosteck

Got back into the MK spirit and started playing the MK Arcade Kollection. My level of nostalgia is off the charts right now!
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

After about a year and a half I've finally got around to playing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It's hard to believe how massive this game is despite it being a PSP title. I'd say this is the biggest MGS title I've ever played. I can't wait for the follow up to PW with Ground Zeros and MGS5: The Phantom Pain.
ForestDemon
Master Kombatant

I've been spending time getting back into MK9, which has been fun. The game still has its share of merits, and I am somewhat hopeful for a better MK in terms of gameplay.
HS15F
Novice Fighter

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. The remake of this n64 game is really fun for a handheld, there are a few changes like you can save permanently now at the owl statues and you have to hold R for the old zora swimming mechanic.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

I just started the new DLC for the evil within on ps4, It's been interesting so far from what I've played.
thunderbolt3022
Skilled Kombatant

I hate bumping this, But is anyone playing Mortal Kombat X? I picked it up for ps4
only stryker fan
Skilled Kombatant

I've been playing rocket league because it is incredible.
frkonalsh2003
Master Kombatant

It took me five years but I've finally stared a playthrough of Red Dead Redemption. A true masterpiece.