"Name Change" suggestion.

Post your questions or comments about the forums or main site here. For support related issues, please see the below forum.
Klerik of Kaos
Expert Warrior

I think, accounting for the amount of times a certain member has changed his/her name, there should be a limit to the amount of times you can change your name. I believe that this should be an effective rule because some people, like myself, cannot seem to keep up with name changes and can't seem to figure out who's who. I believe a member should not be allowed to change their name every 2 months. A member should have at least one chance to change their username, and if they are not satisfied with their username that is of their own merit.

HELLO FROM THE CONDOM FAIRY!
Adept Mercenary
Skilled Kombatant

Personally, I think to have this AS a rule would be stupid.

If anything, what you register with is what you stay with. Period.

Plus the odds of someone else constantly requesting for a name change isn't likely.

Plus the admins could just say no...

my 2 cents.
Klerik of Kaos
Expert Warrior

Adept, there does happen to be a member who has changed their username at least five times give or take within a period of 3 months... I'm surprised you of all people hasn't noticed this, but if you would like to know the member, feel free to PM me. I would be glad to let you in on the many different usernames this person has come up with.

EDIT: By the way, the purpose of this rule is, like in my case when I went from my original terrible name to my current extremely awesome name, is if someone can think of a better name that they want to stick with for the remainder of their time here at DMK, they can do so only once instead of the member abusing the privilege as well as the courtesy of those who are willing to change a member's name.

HELLO FROM THE CONDOM FAIRY!
Dave Rosteck

Yeah, I'd have to say it's a very rare occurrence for a member to change their name more than once to warrant an official rule for it. This is really more of a "best judgement" call for myself and the admins rather than ruling IMO.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Dave Rosteck
Founder & Webmaster
dave@davesmk.net